Mazda 6 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would wait for Mazda to provide the system. May cause problems if you need the new car repaired.
if anything like that ever comes up, I'd swap back to the stock airbox before taking it in for service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
got an email from auto anything yesterday that my intake that was supposed to arrive on 6/19 will not ship now until 7/10 and I'll be out of the country. maybe it has something to do with an Injen recall on the part

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to let everyone know, I've been following things on here for a long time (had the 1st gen, 2nd gen, and now the 3rd gen). I love this new car for a number of reason and the racer in me wants more power, but the wise one in me says not to do anything for some years. So long story short, I ordered the CAI and it came yesterday. I installed the CAI and today I get the check 'injen' light. So I'm going to uninstall and stay stock. The gentleman that said he'll wait till Mazda makes a system is (I believe) the best course. Being high compression and 'Skyative' I just think I need to be more patient. Just wanted you guys to know, slow down and enjoy the car. More power will come.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Injen redesigned the tube and moved the MAF mount to the back. They're sending me the new one to swap out the old. Should fix the CEL issues.

Give them a call and they'll arrange for a swap.

·
Registered
497 Posts
With those who have the new updated intake can you guys chime in on whether it's a different feel or any noticeable difference from the pre-updated one. I still have the first one with no issues or CEL's and was wondering that since I have no issues should I just stick with it until something happens or if there is something majorly different like more power in a certain RPM or sound.

·
Registered
617 Posts
With those who have the new updated intake can you guys chime in on whether it's a different feel or any noticeable difference from the pre-updated one. I still have the first one with no issues or CEL's and was wondering that since I have no issues should I just stick with it until something happens or if there is something majorly different like more power in a certain RPM or sound.
Must be a reason why they redesigned it. I would exchange it for peace of mind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I still want to see a dyno sheet for the new design, someone had said a 10HP increase at the wheels with the new one...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check my post http://forum.mazda6club.com/engine-...62601-new-improved-injen-cold-air-intake.html. It was my car that was used to fix the problem. It was there for 3 days so that they can totally go through everything. Been in contact with Injen reporting back results since. So far it's been perfect. Over 1000 miles on the intake with no problems.
Just recently went for my 5K oil change (first one for $14 dealer deal) so I went and tge service manager advised me to be sure to put the stock in whenever I come to the dealer for service. I plan to do my own oil changes...so that won't be an issue anymore.

Get the Injen intake...it's worth the money and it's worth the added power missing from this great car.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
The original prototype was on @jcollins car. We both are running the new tubes and the are much better than before and improves the power. @jcollins, chime in here bro.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The original prototype was on @jcollins car. We both are running the new tubes and the are much better than before and improves the power. @jcollins, chime in here bro.
My new tube -- according to UPS tracking -- arrives tomorrow. I'll be reporting back any noticeable differences. Looking forward to it after what you've reported.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Speak of the devil...this was just emailed to my phone PDF...iPhone....middle of work...best I could upload...

Dyno plot of my car. Quote on email..."notice the conditions, others will get better results with cooler conditions."

·
Registered
110 Posts
I find the numbers hard to believe, I don't think the intake is that restricted that a CAI will cause this much increase in HP and Torque.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I see +9HP and +9ft lbs tq at peak. There is a bump of 15 at 5K RPM.. but the important part is it looks like it boosts about 5-10ft lbs throughout the entire power band (3k-6k) with the biggest gains near redline from 5000-6500 I dunno about you guys, but my car is almost never in that range ;) Gains below 4K are nill to minimal

About the conditions.. yeah 90* sucks, but unless it was rather humid too the SAE correction will have it a fairly level playing field (though a correction factor of 4 and 5 is a bit tough) for what the gains SHOULD be.

·
Registered
101 Posts
LOL, been busy trying to catch up here at work after a week's vacation. For those of you with the old tube and have not had any CEL. It could be because of the way you drive. I did not have any CEL but I have a heavy foot.

That said, you are still better off exchanging for the new tube. The biggest difference is the mid range with the new tube is much improved. It has also been very hot lately and heat soak has not been an issue either.

·
Registered
497 Posts
LOL, been busy trying to catch up here at work after a week's vacation. For those of you with the old tube and have not had any CEL. It could be because of the way you drive. I did not have any CEL but I have a heavy foot.

That said, you are still better off exchanging for the new tube. The biggest difference is the mid range with the new tube is much improved. It has also been very hot lately and heat soak has not been an issue either.
Yay, okay a second opinion. So the new tube is better than the old tube stats wise per say even if you have No CEL's, that's all i needed to know. Justifiable evidence for swapping because if there was no difference and I have no issues what would be the reason to switch. good to know. :)

81 - 100 of 178 Posts