Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you go to youtube and look at videos by mightycarmods, they will tell you Intakes offer no performance benefit at all. The only one that showed any increase on the dyno was a filter attached to a hose extending outside of the car and directly in front of a fan. That generated about a 1% increase in HP. They're a couple of Aussies having fun with cars.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Injen CAI

I had asked Injen if they had plans for the 2nd Gen 2.5, but to date they only have it for the 2.5 Fusion. If anyone in Southern Cal wants to loan their car to Injen for 5 days, we could get ourselves and Injen CAI. Here is the Injen Dyno for the Fusion: Text Line Diagram Design Parallel

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you go to youtube and look at videos by mightycarmods, they will tell you Intakes offer no performance benefit at all. The only one that showed any increase on the dyno was a filter attached to a hose extending outside of the car and directly in front of a fan. That generated about a 1% increase in HP. They're a couple of Aussies having fun with cars.

Not true PBNJ. Depends on the car, depends on the stock intake/air filter combination. Some combos are restrictive. By making it less restrictive, you allow for greater air flow. Greater air flow = more power.

Thats not to say that 5-10 horsepower to the wheels will make your Camry feel like a Porsche, but in certain cars it definitely can make a difference.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Daddy'sHpme, I never said it was my opinion, just the two guys on the video. It was fun to watch. I believe I get a boost in the high rpm with my Corksport, TB and hi flow exhaust. I'm waiting on Sure and Injen to put one out for my 2009 6i.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Easy as shit removing the stock intake was very simple. Hardest part was making room for the pipe u have to undo the the skirt and then you also remove the wheel cover to put on the filter. You have to move some stuff around and I had to move my baluster for my HID lights. Other then that easy install comes with great directions also it is our boy Collins car that is in the pictures in the directions.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Awesome Deal: INJEN SP for $187.31!

Well, I just put in my order for the INJEN SP Cold Series (SP6073P),and got it from AutoAnything for $187.31 with FREE SHIPPING and FREE Injen Hydro Shield (A $24.95 value until 06/30/13) with this 16% OFF Coupon#: "FRMTUNDRA16". I can't wait to get mine...hope some of you get yours too!!

INSTALL PICTURE from INJEN Website:

Zoom-Zoom, baby! :cool:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Would love to install one of these. Afraid that the warranty goes out the window if something goes wrong.:confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Would love to install one of these. Afraid that the warranty goes out the window if something goes wrong.:confused:
I have put intake on my madza cx-7 Mazda 6 and my new 6 and never had a problem. talk to your dealer if u are worried but the part is made for your car injen is a good company and if u have a problem just put your stock back on easy install...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, I just put in my order for the INJEN SP Cold Series (SP6073P),and got it from AutoAnything for $187.31 with FREE SHIPPING and FREE Injen Hydro Shield (A $24.95 value until 06/30/13) with this 16% OFF Coupon#: "FRMTUNDRA16". I can't wait to get mine...hope some of you get yours too!!
Thanks for the coupon, bought mine today. Question about the hydro sheild...are you guys installing this as a DD function? I'm in Los Angeles and it rains here a few times a year. Will it restrict air flow or should i just put if on when needed. the process of getting to the filter with the Injen intake might be a pain for a few days of rain. Opinions? Can't wait to put this on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put mine on over the weekend.

It's louder than I thought it would be. I knew it would be a bit louder but I had hoped it would just be a little. It was hard to tell if there were any noticeable increases in power. I decided to take it off and put the stock intake back on because I'm afraid it will attract too much unwanted attention. Will be putting it up for sale.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I put mine on over the weekend.

It's louder than I thought it would be. I knew it would be a bit louder but I had hoped it would just be a little. It was hard to tell if there were any noticeable increases in power. I decided to take it off and put the stock intake back on because I'm afraid it will attract too much unwanted attention. Will be putting it up for sale.
Just installed mines as well and I notice the loudness of it as well. I don't know if I like the sound of it. Maybe it's because I came from a V6 and that sounded a little meaner that this but I'm on the fence.

But off topic though, Geez... it freed up a lot of room in my hood. Looks like I could fit my pet dog in there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just installed mines as well and I notice the loudness of it as well. I don't know if I like the sound of it. Maybe it's because I came from a V6 and that sounded a little meaner that this but I'm on the fence.

But off topic though, Geez... it freed up a lot of room in my hood. Looks like I could fit my pet dog in there.

Yeah, I agree on the space thing. Room for a turbo, inter-cooler and piping (Mazdaspeed6... come on...)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could you guys please make a before and after video from inside the car?

41 - 60 of 178 Posts