Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Injen intake using Mazda 6 Tech instructions. My question is: how is the green electrical connector supposed to me installed? Mazda 6 Tech shows a picture with the air hose connected to both ends of the green unit, is this correct, because I read a post earlier this week on here and I looked at a picture on CP-E's website and it shows it with no air hoses connected at all. I just dont know which one is correct. I also installed my CP-E MAF/INJEN fix after the intake and honestly I can't tell a difference in power? I checked out all my connections and everything is good....am I missing something? BTW I drove the car for a couple of hours after installing the INJEN intake, but before the CP-E/INJEN fix and it did seemed to have an increase in power, but no more with the Cp-E mod?!?!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
You can remove the hoses from it, but it needs to be plugged in electrically, otherwise you will have a pending code.

Although the CPE Injen Fix shows an increase of a little bit in power on the dyno, you might or might not see it. I personally didn't notice a difference either.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH well at least it sounds good!!!
so unplug the airlines right, does it do anything to leave them hooked up?

Is there any other under 500.00 mods that can give me more performance out of this v6?

You can remove the hoses from it, but it needs to be plugged in electrically, otherwise you will have a pending code.

Although the CPE Injen Fix shows an increase of a little bit in power on the dyno, you might or might not see it. I personally didn't notice a difference either.
[/b]

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I left mine plugged in, but know 2 people that have unplugged their air lines.

Other sub-$500 mods that will help you are lightweight 17" rims, or CPE tranny stage 1 for an ATX or lightweight flywheel for the MTX

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Both of your cars are Bad @#$!
AzMz6 where did you get your front grill and tail lights?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
NICEGUY03
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing