Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I wouldnt pay more than 200 bucks for it.

1) It gives no HP/TQ increase whatsoever.

2) If you are concerned with visual appeal, just switch out the tips on the stock exhaust. Under 100 bucks.

3) If you are concerned with audio appeal, I would just run straight pipes from the axelback. Under 100 bucks.

For the price of the Injen, I could get a fully customized exhaust made for my car with the individual pieces picked out by me and still have money in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hey Philter ,

I like your reasoning a lot similar to mine . I've thought about CP-E Headers a while back connecting it to Injens .... but for the few diff. it will make , naa !

Your #2) choice is the route I would go if feasible .... heck the looks for less than 100$ !
So let's make this clear a bit more Phil , they sell the tips separately from the mufflers ? That meaning I cut off my pipe rearward of my stock muffler and switch ?? If so that's just tips for how much exactly ? Can you give me a DIRECT link to the part plz ?

Otherwise I can go also with just the Injen mufflers+ tips combo without the Y pipe , do you think ? That would be a sound factor ... but I am vying now only for looks ![/b]
Sorry for the delayed response...

I dont know if Injen sells the tips directly, but you could get similar tips at most custom shops. Also, I think you can buy the magnaflow tips separately.

And yes, I was talking about having a custom shop cut off the pipe after the mufflers and putting your own tips on. Same visual appeal for under 100 bucks and it gives you the same HP/TQ increase you would get from the Injen full catback (none).

If you are vying ONLY for looks, then there is no point of replacing the entire catback. Head over to your local shop and see what they can do with the tips. Im sure you could pick out some nice 3-4 inch tips that visually look great and are a ton cheaper than the full Injen setup.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
magnaflow exhaust=5whp difference
not sure on the injen exhaust,probably around the same increase

personal exp,my fuel mileage went up .4 mpg average.
doesn't sound like much,but it is an improvement.[/b]
The problem with your numbers is that they are small enough to be considered within the realm of dyno variance. Put a car on a dyno and take 4-5 runs right after each other and the car's HP can vary from 4-5 hp easily.

Heck, I can dyno my car at 180 hp, turn on my foglights, and then re-dyno it at 182 and claim my foglights give the car a 2 hp increase, I can then re-dyno it immediately after and dyno it at 178..... I just lost 2 hp.... hmm. Its all within dyno variance because its so small. Anything under 5 whp is hard to prove and hence most people say you gain no HP by swapping out exhaust.

Realistically, it might gain 1-2 hp, but its 99.99% an asthetics mod.

As for your fuel mileage increasing .4 mpg........ I wont even touch that one. :nana:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.