Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Injen makes the best quality, best fitting, best looking, best sounding, etc.... exhaust. (you don't need to argue these points in this thread, that has been done plenty in other threads) But it is very expensive ($699.95 @ RPM) for a mod that doesn't add much if any performance value to your car. (this has also been argued in other threads) I wonder how big the market for their Mazda 6 exhaust could be with a more competitive price. That being said, how many of you would buy an Injen catback if the price was more competitve with other catback suppliers? And if so, how much would you be willing to pay for it?

Myself; I would definitely buy one if the price were more affordable. I would pay $475-$495 + shipping. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
oh yeah, if the market was more competitive... $500 sounds about right. but then you have to take in the factor that alot more people are going to have that exhaust and it won't be as unique/rare

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I wouldnt pay more than 200 bucks for it.

1) It gives no HP/TQ increase whatsoever.

2) If you are concerned with visual appeal, just switch out the tips on the stock exhaust. Under 100 bucks.

3) If you are concerned with audio appeal, I would just run straight pipes from the axelback. Under 100 bucks.

For the price of the Injen, I could get a fully customized exhaust made for my car with the individual pieces picked out by me and still have money in my pocket.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Myself; I would definitely buy one if the price were more affordable. I would pay $475-$495 + shipping. :yesnod:[/b]
+2!!!!!!
As for it not being as rare....... I personaly dont care if my buddy has the same exhaust because we in the end together stand out from the crowd and shit we'd sound pretty damn good.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
For the price I would go with Magnaflows or Racing Beat. Even thought they don't sound as good as the Injen exhaust (which is a matter of opinion) they do sound more aggressive then stock.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For the price I would go with Magnaflows or Racing Beat. Even thought they don't sound as good as the Injen exhaust (which is a matter of opinion) they do sound more aggressive then stock.[/b]

I was going to say the same thing. I would also look into changing just the mufflers.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The price and no performance issue have been well documented and have made me think that the Racing Beat is the way to go. Here in Cali the RB is CARB legal, it looks fantastic, and the quality is top notch. I personally don't mind paying a few bucks for something from a company that makes parts for our cars and Mazdas in general, and goes the extra mile to get them smog certified. Not an issue for everybody here, but not all of us here in the golden state want to switch back and forth between parts.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the price I would go with Magnaflows or Racing Beat. Even thought they don't sound as good as the Injen exhaust (which is a matter of opinion) they do sound more aggressive then stock.[/b]

The price and no performance issue have been well documented and have made me think that the Racing Beat is the way to go. Here in Cali the RB is CARB legal, it looks fantastic, and the quality is top notch. I personally don't mind paying a few bucks for something from a company that makes parts for our cars and Mazdas in general, and goes the extra mile to get them smog certified. Not an issue for everybody here, but not all of us here in the golden state want to switch back and forth between parts.[/b]

im buying racing beat next weekend... go racing beat or magnas[/b]

The point of this thread is not Magnaflows or Racing beats or their value. The point of this thread is: if Injen was more affordable woul you buy it? And how much do you think is an affordable price for the Injen exhaust all factors considered? (do you want them for looks, sound, fitment, quality, etc...)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
TO get her back on track kansas,

I would buy the Injen Exhaust for the fact that it has the best fitment and sound, if it were around $450-$550. But I can't see spending the cash that it costs now when I can get MFs for $392 and it sounds good with good fitment.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Let me restate my point and I am sorry if I thread jacked you. I would pay zero for it since it isn't legal in the state where I live. If I lived where you live, I'd pay 400 for it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $125 over the magnaflow. Just b/c of better fitment and quality of sound (what i've heard)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
If you guys dont like the price of the Injen then dont buy it.. simple as that no matter how much you complain about the price its not just gonna go down to what you want it to. it doesnt work that way.. having a thread that shows how much you WOULD pay for it means nothing and wont do anything.. so whats the point? If you can afford it then go for it if not then get what you can afford or wait till you can afford it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
If you guys dont like the price of the Injen then dont buy it.. simple as that no matter how much you complain about the price its not just gonna go down to what you want it to. it doesnt work that way.. having a thread that shows how much you WOULD pay for it means nothing and wont do anything.. so whats the point? If you can afford it then go for it if not then get what you can afford or wait till you can afford it.[/b]
What I can afford is what I can afford by choice.

How much meaning this thread has is your opinion. As are all the posts contained in this thread other peoples opinions. If you do not care for this thread and don’t see any meaning or action in the future because of it Don’t Read It!
It's is all about freedom. And buddy you have it.
Also how much power I have whether it be in written word or other means to change things will be decided by.... me not you.
Thanks for sharing, and feel free to now move on.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
lol, all i can say is that im sorry for have wasted my time and brain cells reading this thread.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Let me restate my point and I am sorry if I thread jacked you. I would pay zero for it since it isn't legal in the state where I live. If I lived where you live, I'd pay 400 for it.[/b]
to further jack the thread...hehe...

I don't think a CAT-back exhaust is covered under CARB. It's post emissions. It's not part of the emissions system. It doesn't do anything but alter the sound.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think the only regulation might be about sound level.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.