Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
im planning on ordering my Injen cat-back system within a few days...how easy is the install? im just looking for some advice....if i jack up the rear end of my car, could i do it with two of my other car buddies?? or is it worth the money to have it professionally installed?....btw i will be in the Orlando, Fl area if anyones local! thanks

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I am also in Orlando.

Jacking up the back is easy, put stands on both sides of the car in front of the rear wheels, and you can crawl under the car easily.

Installation is simple, just the hangers may be a litle pain. I did my Magnaflow myself (first "real" mod to the car). Took me maybe one hour with basic tools.

Where in Orlando are you? Just yesterday we did our Injen stocking order, or I couldda got you thee best deal on the exhaust. You might not be too late, IM/PM me for pricing/details asap.

If I waited, I would have gotten the Injen over the MF. Maybe 1hp gain if anything, but the sound and look is much nicer!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just installed my Injen last week, sound and looks great. The only pain was the hangers, just hit them up with some wd40 spray, two screw drivers and a buddy and you should be alright.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just installed my Injen last week, sound and looks great. The only pain was the hangers, just hit them up with some wd40 spray, two screw drivers and a buddy and you should be alright.
[/b]
Your want a challenge? Try removing the kartboy hangers where the mufflers are - worst experience ever.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just put my Injen on last week and it was really easy. With a lift, it took two of us about 45 minutes to do. The hangers just took a good tug. Car only has 5k miles so the bolts came off easily. The kit comes with replacement fasteners and gaskets except for the two bolts after the cat. Those are welded on and only the nuts can be removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Jax6S
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing