Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi guys!

New update.

Just took my car into injen and the product developer, Adrian Ornelas, helped me out a lot. He took in my car and gave me a new intake. So far no problems!! The reason why it was faulty in some cars was because the original intake was designed solely for the USA production of the car. There are two productions in America right now: 1) USA, 2) Japan. The Japanese one has different ECU codes resulting in ECLs. I just got my car back today and it works great. Just contact injen and tell them if you are still having problems and they will do whatever they can to help fix it.

Also, don't worry if your car is shifting hard from first to second. I've been doing some research. Apparently it's been happening in all STOCK cars.. The intake had nothing to do with it. And people are claiming that it "smooths out" about around 9.5k miles.

You can read about it here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/engine-drivetrain/265049-automatic-first-second-gear-clunky.html

Hope that helps some of you out and restores your faith in injen!

Ethan Nishioka
I am curious about the 2 mappings, other than injen is there actual information on this? proof?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am curious about the 2 mappings, other than injen is there actual information on this? proof?
You say this like I am a sales representative for Injen. I'm just trying to help you guys out from what I know. And yes there are two different codes for each country. The calibration is different which makes the ECL light only turn on in some... Only the Japanese ones! So wouldn't it make sense that the codes are different? Also, they tuned it to the new codes and voila, the ECL went away..coincidence? I think not.

If you don't believe me then you can read some articles yourself. I read some and came to that conclusion. Also, the living proof is in my car right now.

"It's likely the same controller as in every other ST but the calibration might be different." (some car forum asking where they could find the ECU)

"I have multiple customers in HK, the controller is the same but the calibrations are slightly different compared to US, Australia, or Europe." (Another car forum.)

This is just from what I have read/heard/own knowledge.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm not a bit surprised by the multiple mappings, but I thought the issue was suppose to be corrected before the cars were sent out? There was a campaign to get the tune corrected before the cars were sold to the public. Mine snuck out without and was corrected by my dealer, so I'm sure others did. *Note this is normally corrected at the dealer not factory* If your dealer claims to have done it it still may have not been done, this is how my car was when I bought it the dealer claimed the money already and never touched it. My local dealer discovered the problem. It was discovered because I got a CEL at 1200 miles STOCK. Maybe this is some of the issue that is going hidden until some are installing the CEL.. I highly suggest those with CEL's from the intake to make a swing by the dealer and tell them you had a CEL come on and go away ;).. especially you guys with uber low miles yet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm sure it's possible that the ECU mappings may be different for Japanese market cars vs. USA market cars vs. cars going to Canada. The point is all 2014 Mazda 6's are produced in Japan, and the differences in regional emissions requirements may be accomplished by emission equipment differences (i.e. ULEV, PZEV) or a combination of emission and ECU alterations. Your initial post after your visit to Injen gave the impression you believe some USA market cars are built in Japan and some elsewhere. That is simply inaccurate.

Enishioka, you are obviously some type of seller as yo state you "have multiple customers in HK" and all your posts on this forum revolve around the Injen intake and nothing else. I'm not saying you work for them or could care less if you do or not. I'm simply one of two people who ask if you have proof other than your statement, per Injen, that our cars have two mapping? You're the one tho took the two requests for proof of multiple ECU mappings as an accusation that you are affiliated with Injen, and truthfully, it has crossed my mind that you are. Like I said, who cares either way, I'm just looking for proof substantiating your technical assertions.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Enishioka, you are obviously some type of seller as yo state you "have multiple customers in HK" and all your posts on this forum revolve around the Injen intake and nothing else.
I believe you mis-read that post.. he is simply quoting what he found on another forum regarding issues with the same ECU controller with different calibrations loaded onto them causing problems. All posts regarding the intake is also understandable.. He wants it, and he wants it working right and sorted out lol. I get pretty one tracked sometimes too :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sure it's possible that the ECU mappings may be different for Japanese market cars vs. USA market cars vs. cars going to Canada. The point is all 2014 Mazda 6's are produced in Japan, and the differences in regional emissions requirements may be accomplished by emission equipment differences (i.e. ULEV, PZEV) or a combination of emission and ECU alterations. Your initial post after your visit to Injen gave the impression you believe some USA market cars are built in Japan and some elsewhere. That is simply inaccurate.

Enishioka, you are obviously some type of seller as yo state you "have multiple customers in HK" and all your posts on this forum revolve around the Injen intake and nothing else. I'm not saying you work for them or could care less if you do or not. I'm simply one of two people who ask if you have proof other than your statement, per Injen, that our cars have two mapping? You're the one tho took the two requests for proof of multiple ECU mappings as an accusation that you are affiliated with Injen, and truthfully, it has crossed my mind that you are. Like I said, who cares either way, I'm just looking for proof substantiating your technical assertions.
Haha my customers? I was just quoting from articles I found online. Plus, I am in no way affiliated with Injen besides a customer.. I am 17 years old.. not even old enough to get a job within the company.. I am in highschool haha. I don't care if it "crossed your mind" that I'm part of their company--I'm not. My proof was the quotes from articles regarding the car? I felt as if that proof was concrete. But if you don't believe me, it really doesn't bother me in a sense that it doesn't affect me in any way. I'm just trying to help the people that had the same problem as I did. Anyway, how is that inaccurate? I didn't even get the information regarding the manufacturing in two different places from injen! You are ignorant.. I feel like you are arguing just for the sake of arguing! I got this information from the MAZDA dealership I purchased the car at. I find it hard believe that mazda would lie to me about that. I didn't even ask him about it. He brought it up when we were talking about the limited quantity available.. because he only gets his from Japan. He said they are better built than the ones manufactured in America. That is honestly questionable to me.. but I believe an employee from mazda. Like I said before, I am basing these responses based on what both Injen and Mazda told me and some articles I found online.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and give him a call. Then tell me what he says:

Shaun McCray
Tustin Mazda
855-221-6293

^ Ask for Shaun

·
Registered
926 Posts
so you are saying they have 2014 mazda 6's built in America? i am just basing this off what you said here

"He brought it up when we were talking about the limited quantity available.. because he only gets his from Japan. He said they are better built than the ones manufactured in America."

not trying to argue, just want to clarify. so you are saying based on what you have learned from injen and mazda is that there is 2 different ECU mappings in US spec mazda 6s, a japan production mapping and usa production mapping

also i got mine from tustin too, as far as you know are they cool with you modding your 6? any talks of voiding factory warranty from aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
so you are saying they have 2014 mazda 6's built in America? i am just basing this off what you said here

"He brought it up when we were talking about the limited quantity available.. because he only gets his from Japan. He said they are better built than the ones manufactured in America."

not trying to argue, just want to clarify. so you are saying based on what you have learned from injen and mazda is that there is 2 different ECU mappings in US spec mazda 6s, a japan production mapping and usa production mapping

also i got mine from tustin too, as far as you know are they cool with you modding your 6? any talks of voiding factory warranty from aftermarket parts?
I'm not sure if they are cool with it, but it in no way voids your warranty. We are protected by the outcome of a court case.. Magnusson vs Moss I believe.

Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to this, your warranty is valid as long as they don't prove that the aftermarket part you installed is causing the problem.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Oh god lets not start another discussion on the Magnusson vs Moss act again.. Im waiting til 2014 to buy an intake for my 6... Until all these little issues work out.
Thank you I agree.

If your even the slightest bit concerned just wait until your warranty runs out. The same parts available today will still be available when your warranty runs out plus more and most of the issues will have been ironed out by then.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I'm in no hurry to get an Injen or any CAI brand until the "dust" settles as in CEL issues, etc. I'm well aware of the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act..but I just hate the mod engine drama I might face with corporate or dealer service folks attending to my M6, while under warranty. So I'll wait till the 3yr/36k mi B2B expires and keep things simple and safe for now. Besides, there will be surely be more engine mod choices to choose by then...and not to mention, lower mod costs (by market competition, etc).

·
Registered
200 Posts
I second that...
I was sent 4 tubes and the last one i got i have installed and has had no CEL. it is the production unit that they are selling.. I do all city driving and my MPGs are 27.2 after putting on 1000 miles. I was doing 26.1 before. Also the pick up is nice and great sound. I would tell you cats to pick on up for sure..

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Bump again, i'm still interested in buying the new revision of this CAI. Any ideas where to get it? Shot Injen an e-mail, never got a response.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Bump, any ideas? The SRI from CorkSport also doesn't appear available for cars built after March 2013.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Bump, any ideas? The SRI from CorkSport also doesn't appear available for cars built after March 2013.
the revised CS SRI will be available for sale in early February, I have been in email contact with them updating me when I can get the new intake that is compatible with the after 3/1 builds. I had the old revision intake and it caused jerking on on 3/1 and newer builds

Reactions: danstheman7
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.