Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just wondering what everyones opinion is on which one is better, Injen CAI or the CP-E CAI MAFci system??? Im at a crossroads here and dont know what to go for... i know the CP-E CAI is really expensive but does it really have more HP gain then the Injen CAI??? And also do they both make the engine sound more aggressive because that is also what im looking for?

Thanks all, Ashton

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The CP-E MAFci will prevent you from getting a CEL. As for more power, all I can say is that the MAFci makes a little more power than the Injen with a MAF customizer fix and quite a bit over just a stock Injen CAI. They both should sound agressive. I love the sound of my MAFci, very agressive sounding.

A MAFci typically makes around 24-25 wheel HP and around 20-21 wheel TQ over a stock setup at peak gains.

An Injen CAI just itself on an ATX made around 8.5 wheel HP and 8.5-9 wheel torque over stock at redline. The Injen with MAF customizer fix makes around 8 Wheel HP and 4-5 Wheel TQ than just an Injen intake by itself, for a total of 16.39 wheel HP and 12.5-14 wheel TQ at redline. At peak gains an Injen with MAF customizer fix hovers just under a MAFci by by around 3-5 HP and TQ, sitting around 22 HP and 18 TQ. Without the MAF customizer, the Injen CAI can be behind a MAFci during peak gains by as much as 18 wheel HP and 15 wheel TQ. I would give you peak Injen CAI gains at its biggest gain over stock but the dyno is hard to read. Go to CP-E's website, they have dynos for both theirs, the Injen with fix, and the Injen without fix.

I hope I didn't confuse you, I was trying to plop down as much info as possible for you.

As for personal opinion, I love my MAFci by CP-E. In fact, they have a 2nd Gen unit that will be coming out very soon. They will sell it along side the first gen unit, but will be more expensive due to more features. The first gen will come with the intake and the customizer box that prevents a CEL and optimizes WOT and high RPM Air/Fuel ratios, it is not tuneable. The 2nd gen will include what the first gen has plus the ability to tune both air/fuel mixture and timing, which will allow you to take advantage of higher octane fuel and tune for any other mods you wish to do. Pricing is not set on that yet. It is being tested currently. Dynos should be done this weekend and hopefully a release date and price will be set by then too.

Paul

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That's some reaally good info.[/b]

hell yeah it is! :yesnod: I can't wait to purchase the 2nd gen... got my money lounging around for it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CP-E MAFci will prevent you from getting a CEL. As for more power, all I can say is that the MAFci makes a little more power than the Injen with a MAF customizer fix and quite a bit over just a stock Injen CAI. They both should sound agressive. I love the sound of my MAFci, very agressive sounding.

A MAFci typically makes around 24-25 wheel HP and around 20-21 wheel TQ over a stock setup at peak gains.

An Injen CAI just itself on an ATX made around 8.5 wheel HP and 8.5-9 wheel torque over stock at redline. The Injen with MAF customizer fix makes around 8 Wheel HP and 4-5 Wheel TQ than just an Injen intake by itself, for a total of 16.39 wheel HP and 12.5-14 wheel TQ at redline. At peak gains an Injen with MAF customizer fix hovers just under a MAFci by by around 3-5 HP and TQ, sitting around 22 HP and 18 TQ. Without the MAF customizer, the Injen CAI can be behind a MAFci during peak gains by as much as 18 wheel HP and 15 wheel TQ. I would give you peak Injen CAI gains at its biggest gain over stock but the dyno is hard to read. Go to CP-E's website, they have dynos for both theirs, the Injen with fix, and the Injen without fix.

I hope I didn't confuse you, I was trying to plop down as much info as possible for you.

As for personal opinion, I love my MAFci by CP-E. In fact, they have a 2nd Gen unit that will be coming out very soon. They will sell it along side the first gen unit, but will be more expensive due to more features. The first gen will come with the intake and the customizer box that prevents a CEL and optimizes WOT and high RPM Air/Fuel ratios, it is not tuneable. The 2nd gen will include what the first gen has plus the ability to tune both air/fuel mixture and timing, which will allow you to take advantage of higher octane fuel and tune for any other mods you wish to do. Pricing is not set on that yet. It is being tested currently. Dynos should be done this weekend and hopefully a release date and price will be set by then too.

Paul[/b]
Thanks a lot Paul! That really help me out!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
the cp-e give u more gains overall with the maf customizer..........but the injen with the cp-e fix gets u close to the cp-e gains..........but looks way better in the engine bay than the cp-e. thats my opinion

i'll probably keep the injen and deal with the lack of 8-10hp and torque..............get my headers and a few other goodies, then the unichip, and get all my power under wraps with a nice aggresive tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the cp-e give u more gains overall with the maf customizer..........but the injen with the cp-e fix gets u close to the cp-e gains..........but looks way better in the engine bay than the cp-e. thats my opinion

i'll probably keep the injen and deal with the lack of 8-10hp and torque..............get my headers and a few other goodies, then the unichip, and get all my power under wraps with a nice aggresive tune.

huge grave dig, sorry

you said injen with the "cp-e fix", what does that mean?

I'm short on funds and i dont really want to fork out 500-600 for the cpe full system so how did you go about combining the two?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
They don't make it anymore.

Nor do they make the expensive cpe intake anymore either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts