Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injen CAI for the 2016 6 grand touring states it does not work with I-loop. How do I tell if I have I- loop? There is nothing on my dash that shows i have it.

·
Super Moderator
17,855 Posts
Injen CAI for the 2016 6 grand touring states it does not work with I-loop. How do I tell if I have I- loop? There is nothing on my dash that shows i have it.
Correct, CAIs won't work with i-eloop. See here: Injen intake & i-Eloop = no fit!

It only came equipped on the GT models + the additional tech package. You'd also have lane departure warning and radar cruise control.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd also have a menu item for it above your fuel gauge to see the i-Eloop charge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have lane departure and advanced cruise, as well as smart brake, but do not see anything for I-loop. I know the canister sits behind the headlight, but I have not seen it. I think I have to take the wheel off or the bumper by the light to see if it’s there. It’s in the place the Injen filter would go

·
Super Moderator
17,855 Posts
How is this related to Suspension and Brakes?
i-Eloop is part of the brake system :p - It could fit here or with engine - either is fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can find out if u have I-Eloop if you go to applications ( far left circle when you press the home button ) then go under Fuel Economy Monitor section and if you have it a page showing the car and some bars telling u how full the battery cell thingy is, you may have to click the little up arrow and select next screen as the fuel economy section may pop up first. Hope this helps you instead of taking the wheel n plastic off.

·
Registered
2016 6
371 Posts
Byakuya is correct in that there should be a page on the right gauge area of the cluster that should show you how much charge you’re producing when driving with the I-ELOOP system. If you don’t have that and you don’t have a Q85 battery than you do not have the I-ELOOP system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts