Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out in this. Cant seem to find any specific info on the stock injectors....specifically duty cycle, flow rate (rated flow rate i guess). I kinda remember someone posting info on this awhile back, but cant seem to find it. Need this info for the final tune on the ride. Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
To sum it up in a nutshell:
- With DI, dutycycle really isn't an issue as far as burning up the injectors (we don't have to worry about like a 85% DC limit or any of that shit, cause our injectors only open for at most 2 of the 4 cycles, intake and compression stroke). The maximum effective duty cycle is about 50%.

- Dutycycle IS important however, cause so far it has proven to be the main factor limiting any aspirations of high hp. By the time you reach 350-400whp, your injectors are spraying all the way from the time the intake valve opens (2* ATDC, dependent on the valve timing) til right before, or even after the spark goes off. What does this mean? Well couple things are important with DI, namely, swirl and time to mix. When your spraying fuel right before the spark event, neither are available, so basically your fuel isn't being burnt.

- There are no upgraded injectors available, and reworking ours has proven to be very expensive, lol.

- This leaves a couple other options, 1) Secondary fueling, and a few companies are working on this right now AFAIK. & 2) Increasing the fuel pressure in the fuel rail.

HERE'S some more info on the injectors:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah man started to read the post over at MSP forums, very interesting....but must admit and most of it is over my head, but trying to learn. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts