Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my initial post and introduction. I have owned several Mazdas all with excellent reliabilty; 1984 B2000 SE5 P/U, 3 different Proteges, Mazda Millenia S, and 1992 Miata. I am now considering the purchase of a Mazda 6. Since I often frequent different boards of cars I have a interest in whether I own at the time or not I may continue to frequent this site even if I choose not to purchase a 6 at this time. Thank you and good day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Initial Post and Introduction'

Yay.....

Welcome to the board. Get whatever makes you happy- that's all that matters anyways

·
Registered
680 Posts

This is one of my first posts. I find this "club" interesting and look forward to gaining valuable knowledge from its members.

One question though:

What do the terms "STICKY" and "MOVED" and such mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Originally posted by FlyATA757

This is one of my first posts.  I find this "club" interesting and look forward to gaining valuable knowledge from its members.  

One question though:

What do the terms "STICKY" and "MOVED" and such mean?
"STICKY" means a moderator has "fixed" the topic in place. ie it stays right at the top of the forum. Normally the topic with the last response moves to the top and then drops down as newer responses are made to other topics. This can be to get maximum response to a featured topic or because the info is highly in demand to make it easier to find.

"MOVED" means a moderator has moved the topic to a more appropriate forum on this board. This can be because it was originally posted in the wrong forum or because some unique characteristic makes the moderator feel it will receive more response in a different forum. On most boards there will be a link provided to move to the new topic location.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hello there I am new to this forum as well and wanted to say HI!

We are looking at getting a 6s Wagon here in the next couple months and wanted to check in with owners and see what tips, advise and things to watch for I could gather.

Thank you!:yield1

D

·
0 Posts
Reading Topic: Initial Post and Introduction

Howdy folks. This looks like an interesting site. I see at least a few serious folks in here, and the S/N ratio seems pretty high.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: Initial Post and Introduction

Welcome everyone! You guys should read up the FAQs and Stickies in each section to get a good idea of what the 6 is all about.

Also, we prefer if you add in your location to your profile. That way you can be noticed by other members in your area who could possibly give you some good advice.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Originally posted by cwescapexlt4x

Hello there I am new to this forum as well and wanted to say HI!

We are looking at getting a 6s Wagon here in the next couple months and wanted to check in with owners and see what tips, advise and things to watch for I could gather.

Thank you!:yield1
it will be one of the best choises you have made. i love the hell outta mine, love every single chance i get to drive. i have never been attached to a car this much...hehe....

seriously, for the money, you will be happy. and what a great car to just look at sitting still.....:cool

·
Registered
89 Posts

This is my initial post.

I am strongly considering the purchase of a 4 cyl manual new 6 sedan.

The car will be a commuter car and to haul customers and family around. I had been considering an SUV, but with gas prices and the unbelievable depreciation of all SUV's these days, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new 6.

I'm already a car addict with some of the following afflictions:
I own an 87 CRX racecar used in schools and timetrials
I have a Shelby Cobra replica that I built from the tubular frame up
my present daily vehicle (which I'll keep) is a Jeep Wrangler. It doesn't pull the racecar trailer well, but it does it and it plows my driveway.
I'm also a driver school instructor with a couple clubs, teaching at NHIS and Limerock and own a couple of track records at these tracks.
If I wanted to tone down my addiction, I'd switch to crack.....it's cheaper and less adictive.
I use the same screen name on a number of other car related sites.

jack

·
Registered
412 Posts

Jack ffr1846 , I owned a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee before I got my 6 last October.
The funny thing is, I have more room in the front and back seats than I did with the Jeep! It's not lacking in trunk space either.
That and the 6 is noticably more stable, handles so much better, and is much faster! :p

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi everyone.
I just bought a new 6s about a month ago. I love it.
I had been car shopping for a few months. After test driving too many boring cars (and a few fun ones) I had narrowed it down to a short list of possibles. Then I test drove a Mazda 6. That was it. I was done. Two days later I brought one home. I would have had it sooner but I had to wait for one the way I wanted it -a manual transmission was a must.
I have had my 6 a little over a month and I have already put almost 4000 miles on it already. Now I love it when the interstate is backed up so I can take the long way home through back country roads. I have turned a 12 mile drive into a 45 mile drive. Does any one else have this problem?
I'm glad I found somewhere to share my enthusiasum

:drive

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi.
I just got my new 6 Hatchback and I love it! It was really hard to find the color combination I wanted (lapis blue, beige leather) in a v6 manual.

The amount of space in the back seat and the trunk is truly amazing. Trunk in the hatch is considerably larger than the sedan. I am still in the break in period so I really havent pushed the engine too hard - cant wait to get out and drive this summer.

I had a hard time giving up my 1991 Integra - but after driving the 6 for a few days I think I will be ok. The other car in the family is a 2002 Subaru WRX wagon.

M

A

·
0 Posts

Hello All,

My first post as well. As Impatient posted, I too had a difficult time finding the 6s Hatchback in the combinztion I wanted. I ordered my car threee weeks ago, and according to the dealer, it should be arriving in about two weeks . I ordered a volcanic red car with black leather, Bose, sunroof and a manual. It seems that the tricky part is the manual transmission. In fact, here in my location (southern Louisiana), I could not locate a dealer who had a 6s of any kind with a manual transmission. Oh well... I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my car, and I am hoping this group will help me enjoy it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts