Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I did the script hack, got some other tweaks too, but your solution is pretty cool! What other options were available in that menu?

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Wow, good find!

I want to try this on my 2014 6 now because I have found the same test mode area but never tried holding "del" for 20 seconds. Will report back on my findings!

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Anyone have a solution for the 2014's?
I'll try this when I get out of work today. There's a menu almost identical to that on ours. Beyond that, there's a couple posts on here referencing a single wire to cut to eliminate this, but I've been too hesitant to try it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Beyond that, there's a couple posts on here referencing a single wire to cut to eliminate this, but I've been too hesitant to try it.
I saw that over a year ago, but I think it disabled the speed readout when using nav. I didn't want to do that.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I did the script hack, got some other tweaks too, but your solution is pretty cool! What other options were available in that menu?
The menu options are
* HDCP Toggle - HDCP is the DRM/encryption used in HDMI. Suggests there might be HDMI hardware.
* Speed toggle
* Devmode toggle
* CPU gauge toggle (overlay CPU/Memory stats?)
* Display toggle
* Reset map

Next screen
* Reset VIP
* USB driver
* TAUSIM toggle
* Terminal
* WiFi AP toggle
* User TTY toggle

Next screen
* LVDS speed toggle (LVDS sounds familiar for some reason)
* *.vcf file toggle
* DelBDSFiles toggle (Del = delete?)
* NNG debug toggle (NNG is the nav software maker)
* HCI log toggle
* Navigate toggle

Last screen
Just [ TBD ]

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I saw that over a year ago, but I think it disabled the speed readout when using nav. I didn't want to do that.
I checked this on my way home today. It does not disable the display of the speed limit or the speed limit exceeded warning. I don't recall ever seeing a current speed readout on my nav system, but this is the '16GT w/ nav card.

I get the impression that the systems without the nav card can (or used to) display the current speed along with a compass on the screen as an alternative.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The list of menu options are from a v55 system, but the descriptions are based on reading the scripts I have from my copy of the v51 software I made before upgrading to v55.

HDCP Toggle
It appears that LVDS is a serial protocol. This toggles HDCP for LVDS displays. Or should. The v51 version of the script has a bug where it probably cannot be enabled, but could be disabled.

Speed toggle
Obviously, toggles the touchscreen input at speed.

Devmode toggle
Turns on developer mode (sets a flag and enables some developer javascript for the UI. Not likely visible on the touchscreen.)

CPU gauge toggle
overlay CPU/Memory stats on the screen

Display toggle
(Undetermined)

Reset map
Will cause the system to reboot ("kill 1")

Reset VIP
Sets a GPIO pin "Reset VIP" to 1 and then to 0. Otherwise unclear. VIP may be a pin related/connected to the GPS hardware?

USB driver
Loads USB driver kernel modules (This is Linux)

TAUSIM toggle
Toggle some kind of simulator mode. Not clear what 'TAU' refers to.

Terminal
Not clear, but appears to launch a console of some kind. Not likely to be visible on our touch screens?

WiFi AP toggle
Starts up a wifi access point (AP) and a DHCP server. The SSID is "CMU-" followed by the MAC address of your car's wifi card.

User TTY toggle
Appears to be related to logging, possibly causing logs to be output to a console?

LVDS speed toggle
This performs a similar action at the OS level to the other speed toggle, but it isn't clear from the script why this one is different

*.vcf file toggle
(Undetermined)

DelBDSFiles toggle (Del = delete?)
(Undetermined - maybe related to Bluetooth?)

NNG debug toggle (NNG is the nav software maker)
Appears to activate several different loggers related to nav and gps. CAN and GPS, comms between the computer (CMU) and NNG, etc. Some logs are or can be written to the SD card.

HCI log toggle
This appears to turn on some logging related to Bluetooth, specifically around the software-based serial ports used to talk to the Bluetooth module.

Navigate toggle
Not clear, but may activate some kind of simulator related to GPS, possibly creating simulated NMEA GPS data.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I screwed around with some of the screen options, and it made the screen completely black and disable touch screen, I couldn't see anything but the radio worked the next morning got in the car and saw the screen black but with sun light I could see the images so just like walking in the dark I made my way to options where you reset the entire system. After that I don't mess with any of the other ones just Speed Toggle and WIFI thats it. Terminal starts a terminal just like in a computer but in the little screen, I think if you plug in a usb keyboard you can enter scripts.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Reporting back that this will NOT work on a 2014-15 TomTom navigation. While I can get to the same exact menu as Juan Carlo, I can't get any extra menu to appear by holding the Del button :(

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Do you happen to know what version of the CMU software you're running?
Not off-hand. Unless it's in this photo I took of my NB1 the lat time I updated it:

Edit: Sticking this thread and adding it to my 3rd gen one stop shop because there's already a LOT of good info here. Thanks for your hard work, guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great! Thanks for this. Two questions:
1. Any ideas if this willaffect or void any warranty on the car or unit?
2. Is there a separate thread for changing the color? (I know, I know... I'll search the forum. So only one question then.)

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Great! Thanks for this. Two questions:
1. Any ideas if this willaffect or void any warranty on the car or unit?
IANAL, but no it should have no impact on your warranty. Unless, of course, you take the car into the dealer to complain something is broken -- while telling them that you accessed the hidden diagnostics menu to change settings you weren't supposed to know existed. :)

2. Is there a separate thread for changing the color? (I know, I know... I'll search the forum. So only one question then.)
Offhand I don't know how to do that specifically, but check out this thread over at the sister M3 site for tons of info (it's the same system as ours): 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums - View Single Post - Index for Infotainment Project

1 - 20 of 70 Posts