Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone and thanks for a great forum.

See inserted picture, but the infotainment screen in my 2016 is cracking more and more from the lower left corner.
Does anyone else experience this phenomena?

If so, does anyone know what may cause this.
The screen is working as it should, at least for now.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2016 6
516 Posts
There is a physical crack spreading.
View attachment 241567
Yes so this happens a good amount on the early models (14-16) with the infotainment screens. There’s a service alert for it which refers to that as “spider cracking”. Basically it is delamination between the touch screen and the backing. It may be covered under warranty so I would inspect your coverage and speak with a dealer about it. If not it is quite an expensive repair and the cracks don’t necessarily hinder the ability of the infotainment up to a certain point so it’s really a personal choice as to whether to have it fixed or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a notice from Mazda on my 2016 CX-9 that the warranty for the touchscreen is extended to 84 months to cover this condition. Never got any notification for my 2016 Mazda6 though, but seems like it must be related since the part is virtually identical (aside from the size).

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I have'em. A lot of them....
I'm also looking for one for my 2018 Mazda CX-9. Dealership told me it was out of warranty, therefore they could not help. Corporate said the same thing, and that because I didn't have it serviced in a Mazda dealership since 2019 (I chose to support a local mechanic), that they wouldn't consider a goodwill measure to replace it.

Dealership said it was a $1900 part. I asked if this issue has been resolved, and he could not confirm. No way I'm sinking $2000 into a 3.5 year old part that should have no expectation of wear and tear. Such a shame of a situation. Dumbfounded really given that the screen renders back-up camera, radio, entertainment, nav, etc relatively useless if I can't see it.

Pissed off Mazda customer here, but curious what Southman's parts are!

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also looking for one for my 2018 Mazda CX-9. Dealership told me it was out of warranty, therefore they could not help. Corporate said the same thing, and that because I didn't have it serviced in a Mazda dealership since 2019 (I chose to support a local mechanic), that they wouldn't consider a goodwill measure to replace it.

Dealership said it was a $1900 part. I asked if this issue has been resolved, and he could not confirm. No way I'm sinking $2000 into a 3.5 year old part that should have no expectation of wear and tear. Such a shame of a situation. Dumbfounded really given that the screen renders back-up camera, radio, entertainment, nav, etc relatively useless if I can't see it.

Pissed off Mazda customer here, but curious what Southman's parts are!

Cheers
ive currently got mine apart and i have cleaned all the glue off the digitizer, i just have to wait until the new loca glue i ordered turns up and i will apply and reassamble.
ill let you know how that goes if you like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bart. Do you still have screens? I have a 2016 Mazda 6 that I need a new screen for. Do the ones you sell have the cracking/delaminating issue fixed? I don’t want it to happen again if I replace it. How much are the screens you sell?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer tried to get mine covered under warranty but Mazda denied it. Frustrating.
My biggest issue with them doing this to me was that they could not guarantee that if I sunk the couple thousand into a new screen, that the issue has been resolved.

The thought of dropping another 6k+ over my anticipated ownership of the car into a delamination issue with the screen gives me the heebie jeebies.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts