Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Took my infotainment screen apart to detach the ribbon from the touch screen as I am tired of it randomly calling people and what I found is some of the adhesive is coming off onto the digitizer. I am not sure if this is the root cause but I know it could cause some issues. I went ahead and left the touch screen detached and ordered a new touch screen from Aliexpress with hopes to fix the ghost touch. I never really use the touch screen anyways but thought for $20 what does it hurt to try. 16.99US $ |7 Inch 50 Pins Glass Touch Screen Panel Digitizer Lens For 2017 2019 year Mazda 6 Car TM070RDZ38 B 1 LCD|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress
Did you receive it yet? Does it work? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did this new touch screen solve the problem? I'm having the same problem and Mazda recommends a software update. I'm sure that will not help and I don't know what to do next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
$1200?!? I'll go and look for an aftermarket head unit instead. Try to do the reset as mentioned and see if it works.
Did you happen to find an aftermarket head unit? I just bought my 2017 Cx-5 because it only had 20,000 miles but I have not even had it 2 months (I still have my temp tag) and it apparently does the ghost touch and I brought it back to the dealership after only having it 1 day and they won’t pay to fix it. They screwed me so it’ll be around $1,500 to get them to fix I’m looking for other alternatives. I’ve already USB updated the software myself because they wouldn’t it was in version 59.000 so I got the newest and also did the CarPlay add on so I’m sure I can handle replacing the unit just can’t find one anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you happen to find an aftermarket head unit? I just bought my 2017 Cx-5 because it only had 20,000 miles but I have not even had it 2 months (I still have my temp tag) and it apparently does the ghost touch and I brought it back to the dealership after only having it 1 day and they won’t pay to fix it. They screwed me so it’ll be around $1,500 to get them to fix I’m looking for other alternatives. I’ve already USB updated the software myself because they wouldn’t it was in version 59.000 so I got the newest and also did the CarPlay add on so I’m sure I can handle replacing the unit just can’t find one anywhere.
The dealer changed the touch screen and that fixed the problem. Cost $450. I'm out of warranty but I'm discussing some kind of reimbursement with the factory. I had brought the car in while it was under warranty and they mis-diagnosed the problem so maybe I'll get something. But, $450 beats $1,500.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts