Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2016 6
502 Posts
How long does it take for the nav sd cards to corrupt the system BTW? had the car nearly 3 years and all of a sudden problems right before warranty ends
Honestly the sd card issues were really random, we’ve still got cars out there with them and they don’t exhibit any issues at all. And then you get some that the second you put the cards in it starts messing with the system. When you go to the dealer have them check tsb 09-015/20. It’s the service bulletin that covers the sd card issues. Or you can double check your own sd card and you’ll know it’s the issue. If the small number on the backside of the sd ends in any of these 6 digits, it’s a corrupted SD card:
50424D
50428G
50631D
50632G
50635G
50877D
50881G
50913D
50955G
50995G

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for posting these details. No issues with the infotainement or nav. systems so far but I just verified my SD card, ends in 50424D, the front side shows BHP1 66 EZ 1 E, 2566624 Rev 05. I have a 2017 GT with MTX, is it preferable that I not re-install it and order a new card at the latest revision ?

·
Registered
2016 6
502 Posts
Thanks for posting these details. No issues with the infotainement or nav. systems so far but I just verified my SD card, ends in 50424D, the front side shows BHP1 66 EZ 1 E, 2566624 Rev 05. I have a 2017 GT with MTX, is it preferable that I not re-install it and order a new card at the latest revision ?
honestly that’s gonna be a personal decision, if your system seems to be working fine with it in you could leave it in and just order a new one or wait until you have issues. Or if you don’t really use the nav you could just leave it out. It’s possible you may never have any issues either so it’s really up to you and whether you want to spend that money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, thinking it maybe a good idea to update the card with the latest version for about 60$, Ebay offers show BHP1 66 EZ 1 N as the latest revision, there are also other listings under different call letters (BHR, BJM), guess I should stick with the BHP one, correct ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
2016 6
502 Posts
Thanks, thinking it maybe a good idea to update the card with the latest version for about 60$, Ebay offers show BHP1 66 EZ 1 N as the latest revision, there are also other listings under different call letters (BHR, BJM), guess I should stick with the BHP one, correct ?
Thanks !
I'm not really sure on the call letters or which one you should buy as I don't have nav in my car and I'm not sure if those are for different models or they could be for the different systems as well (tomtom, mazda connect gen1, mazda connect gen2).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks !
Hey Biglou, I'm in a similar predicament as you. Did you ever end up getting that BHP166EZ1N card on ebay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring, my Display started going wacky changing radio stations, calling people, changing NAV routes. So I took it to Mazda dealership and they said it was the software and they updated it, this was 6 months ago. A week after the updates it all started again. Took it back to the dealer only to hear the price $,$$$ to fix it. Warranty expired a few months earlier.

It still happens but it is only occasionally and doesn't last for more than a minute but it is extremely frustrating. I was planning on getting a newer Mazda 6 but they still have the same outdated display panel so now I may switch to a Subaru instead. I love the Mazda 6 though but they have a short warranty and too many issues with the display.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I have a 2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring, my Display started going wacky changing radio stations, calling people, changing NAV routes. So I took it to Mazda dealership and they said it was the software and they updated it, this was 6 months ago. A week after the updates it all started again. Took it back to the dealer only to hear the price $,$$$ to fix it. Warranty expired a few months earlier.

It still happens but it is only occasionally and doesn't last for more than a minute but it is extremely frustrating. I was planning on getting a newer Mazda 6 but they still have the same outdated display panel so now I may switch to a Subaru instead. I love the Mazda 6 though but they have a short warranty and too many issues with the display.
You joined to whine about a known defect and to tell us youre gonna buy a diff car cause of a display issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can’t confirm but I have had multiple repair orders where the customer complaint is a touch screen jumping issue (ghost touch) and blank screen complaints or constant rebooting complaints and all those repairs need to start with the software update. Most of the time the software is multiple versions behind the newest and therefore I start with the update. It’s what mazda says to do on MGSS and it makes the most sense. I haven’t had any of those vehicles come back for the same issues.
Hi, I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 and the infotainment system has been rebooting for about a 2.5 months now. Twice it briefly came back. The dealer told me a need a new CMU and I'm about to have this replace for $1,200. But I saw your post and i'm wondering if there is a way to update the software if I cannot get to the menu? I had a nav SD card, but it is gone now! I didn't realize until today because the whole infotainment center Including the Nav system has been out of commission for the last couple of months, but I just checked to see if the SD card was one of the bad batch you were talking about and... there's no SD card there. The warranty is up and I really don't want to spend $1200 on a 5 year old car. Please any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which version do you have? TomTom or Mazda Connect? Its not that much for a used one, the software gets updated via USB, not SD card and who stole the SD card?
No idea where the SD card went, all I know is I had Navigation for 5 years but now when I went to check out the SD card there is no card there. Anyway, it was Mazda connect, yes i've seen them available on-line, thanks. Do you think if I get a new SD card the infotainment will stop re-booting or do I actually need to get the CMU replaced?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
No idea where the SD card went, all I know is I had Navigation for 5 years but now when I went to check out the SD card there is no card there. Anyway, it was Mazda connect, yes i've seen them available on-line, thanks. Do you think if I get a new SD card the infotainment will stop re-booting or do I actually need to get the CMU replaced?
No clue, but i doubt a whole CMU is needed. Most of the time, dealer techs are only minimally trained and wont get deep training or time to train like DIYers, so YMMV on their diagnoses. I would try resetting it first, Mute+Nav (or Fave)+Back buttons i think.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 and the infotainment system has been rebooting for about a 2.5 months now. Twice it briefly came back. The dealer told me a need a new CMU and I'm about to have this replace for $1,200. But I saw your post and i'm wondering if there is a way to update the software if I cannot get to the menu? I had a nav SD card, but it is gone now! I didn't realize until today because the whole infotainment center Including the Nav system has been out of commission for the last couple of months, but I just checked to see if the SD card was one of the bad batch you were talking about and... there's no SD card there. The warranty is up and I really don't want to spend $1200 on a 5 year old car. Please any advice?
$1200?!? I'll go and look for an aftermarket head unit instead. Try to do the reset as mentioned and see if it works.

·
Registered
2016 6
502 Posts
Depending on how long the sd card was in the system and if it was able to corrupt the cmu it very well may have to be replaced. Once the cmu has certain codes set or if it’s corrupted there’s no way to repair it which sucks, you could try and email Mazda corporate and see if they’ll help you out with paying for as it is a known issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Add me to the list. My 2017 Mazda 6 touring has ghost touch issues and has the latest software. Car is out of warranty and I have not reached out to Mazda yet. It will call people randomly and do some other crazy stuff. Looks like several with Mazda 6 owners have posted same problems on the Mazda 3 forum.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Add me to the list. My 2017 Mazda 6 touring has ghost touch issues and has the latest software. Car is out of warranty and I have not reached out to Mazda yet. It will call people randomly and do some other crazy stuff. Looks like several with Mazda 6 owners have posted same problems on the Mazda 3 forum.
Im sure its not software related, but heat separation from sitting in the sun. Id still called MazdaUSA and see what you can get done.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Im sure its not software related, but heat separation from sitting in the sun. Id still called MazdaUSA and see what you can get done.
I always use sun shield. I don't know if that's the correct term but it is the one you put on the windshield. Once I didn't put it and I left the car for about 5-10. When I returned and started the car, I got an error code.

I had it scanned and it says it is because of the heat.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I always use sun shield. I don't know if that's the correct term but it is the one you put on the windshield. Once I didn't put it and I left the car for about 5-10. When I returned and started the car, I got an error code.

I had it scanned and it says it is because of the heat.
Yep, mine did once, thats why i said that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took my infotainment screen apart to detach the ribbon from the touch screen as I am tired of it randomly calling people and what I found is some of the adhesive is coming off onto the digitizer. I am not sure if this is the root cause but I know it could cause some issues. I went ahead and left the touch screen detached and ordered a new touch screen from Aliexpress with hopes to fix the ghost touch. I never really use the touch screen anyways but thought for $20 what does it hurt to try. 16.99US $ |7 Inch 50 Pins Glass Touch Screen Panel Digitizer Lens For 2017 2019 year Mazda 6 Car TM070RDZ38 B 1 LCD|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

21 - 40 of 40 Posts