Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 and the infotainment system has been rebooting for about a 2.5 months now. Twice it briefly came back. The dealer told me a need a new CMU and I'm about to have this replace for $1,200. But I saw your post and i'm wondering if there is a way to update the software if I cannot get to the menu? I had a nav SD card, but it is gone now! I didn't realize until today because the whole infotainment center Including the Nav system has been out of commission for the last couple of months, but I just checked to see if the SD card was one of the bad batch you were talking about and... there's no SD card there. The warranty is up and I really don't want to spend $1200 on a 5 year old car. Please any advice?
$1200?!? I'll go and look for an aftermarket head unit instead. Try to do the reset as mentioned and see if it works.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Im sure its not software related, but heat separation from sitting in the sun. Id still called MazdaUSA and see what you can get done.
I always use sun shield. I don't know if that's the correct term but it is the one you put on the windshield. Once I didn't put it and I left the car for about 5-10. When I returned and started the car, I got an error code.

I had it scanned and it says it is because of the heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts