Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having this car for two years, I began having an issue I believe with the touchscreen. Its like a ghost is touching my screen all the time It happens while driving and it starts clicking random things. I ran a diagnostic test by following the steps below:
So turn your car on.
On the commander (once the mazdaconnect loads) hold the music note, star, and mute/volume buttons down for a few seconds.
A test screen appears.
Turn the commander clockwise to put a 4 on the screen.
Press the commander knob down and release.
You should see a code list come up.
If your screen is failing you’ll have a code B108E:04 for center display internal failure, this indicates you need a new display screen.

I currently have the display failure notification. I am out of warranty. Due to it expiring in December 2019. The dealer told me they would charge me diagnostic fee to check it out. Theres a recall for this for Mazda3 2014-2016. What can I do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After having this car for two years, I began having an issue I believe with the touchscreen. Its like a ghost is touching my screen all the time It happens while driving and it starts clicking random things. I ran a diagnostic test by following the steps below:
So turn your car on.
On the commander (once the mazdaconnect loads) hold the music note, star, and mute/volume buttons down for a few seconds.
A test screen appears.
If your screen is failing you’ll have a code B108E:04 for center display internal failure, this indicates you need a new display screen.

I currently have the display failure notification. I am out of warranty. Due to it expiring in December 2019. The dealer told me they would charge me diagnostic fee to check it out. Theres a recall for this for Mazda3 2014-2016. What can I do?
get this resolved? my daughters is doing the same thing haven't checked the diagnostic code yet

·
Registered
2016 6
105 Posts
So turn your car on.
A test screen appears.

The reason there is a recall for the Mazda3's and not the 6's is because the 3 had the new infotainment system first and the 6 used the older tomtom system up until 2016. The reason the dealer wants to diagnose it is to 100% confirm that it is that specific issue and not something else causing it to fail. If you already have updated the system to 70.00.367 and are still having these issues you're pretty much definitely gonna have to have the screen replaced or repaired. I'm not sure but i believe they started sending out actual repair kits for the screens but I may be wrong about that. If you don't want to pay for a diag you're best bet is just paying to have the screen replaced with a new one. The screen and the actual cmu are separate pieces so just make sure you just ask for the screen so you don't get jipped.

·
Registered
2016 6
105 Posts
I have not. I am waiting to get an oil change to ask them to update my system. I am around like version 59 I believe so maybe its that.
That could definitely be the issue, the newest update has fixed a ton of the issues we've been seeing with the infotainment systems so hopefully that's all you'll need.

·
Registered
2016 6
105 Posts
even with hardware fault codes? the firmware updates are helping?
I can’t confirm but I have had multiple repair orders where the customer complaint is a touch screen jumping issue (ghost touch) and blank screen complaints or constant rebooting complaints and all those repairs need to start with the software update. Most of the time the software is multiple versions behind the newest and therefore I start with the update. It’s what mazda says to do on MGSS and it makes the most sense. I haven’t had any of those vehicles come back for the same issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts