Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6
18 Posts
Yeah I know this, but, my screen still acts crazy when I drive.. from what I have heard if I disable touch screen it will completely stop doing this.. I am out of warranty and I was told my whole screen needs to be replaced and I am looking at other options before spending $800+
Your screen is still under warranty.. Mazda had to give everyone 7 years on the screen because this issue is very common.. but there is a file you can download (it's in here in the forum, somewhere.. I asked the same question 6 months ago)
You can put the file on a zip drive and it will disable the touch screen altogether.. works like a charm btw

Let me see if I can find the thread with the answer

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6
18 Posts
Your screen is still under warranty.. Mazda had to give everyone 7 years on the screen because this issue is very common.. but there is a file you can download (it's in here in the forum, somewhere.. I asked the same question 6 months ago)
You can put the file on a zip drive and it will disable the touch screen altogether.. works like a charm btw

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6
18 Posts
Yeah I know this, but, my screen still acts crazy when I drive.. from what I have heard if I disable touch screen it will completely stop doing this.. I am out of warranty and I was told my whole screen needs to be replaced and I am looking at other options before spending $800+
This link will walk you though the process

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Yeah I spoke with mazda and they told me I was not under that warranty. I will be trying the file thanks :)

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6
18 Posts
Yeah I spoke with mazda and they told me I was not under that warranty. I will be trying the file thanks :)
The file works like a charm.. everything it's accessible from the knobs so the touchscreen is not even necessary imo

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6
18 Posts
damn i tried it and it did nothing
Really?.. I downloaded it, put it on a flash drive, stuck it in one of the usb ports in the center console, turned the ignition on (you have to wait a little) and then the screen ran a script and done

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Really?.. I downloaded it, put it on a flash drive, stuck it in one of the usb ports in the center console, turned the ignition on (you have to wait a little) and then the screen ran a script and done
Yeah it didn’t do anything. I used a FAT32 and made sure i unzipped everything

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6
18 Posts
Have you looked in to the "Mazda aio tweaks"?
It has a bunch of things you can do (including disabling the touchscreen)

·
Registered
212 Posts
So there's a file, crud. I pulled the head unit out for my 17 about 4 months ago and disconnected the ribbon cable, having a spduger is helpful not to mar the plastic. I was also told the same thing by a service advisor that it's not currently covered under the same tsb for the earlier years, even though it's the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah it didn’t do anything. I used a FAT32 and made sure i unzipped everything
I've recently become aware of this touch screen issue, with mine now jumping around and wildly selecting random options, skipping music, etc. THANK YOU ALL for this thread. I've learned more here, than the previous 4hrs of online searching. andreacordero any update on what came about for you and your touch screen issue?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I've recently become aware of this touch screen issue, with mine now jumping around and wildly selecting random options, skipping music, etc. THANK YOU ALL for this thread. I've learned more here, than the previous 4hrs of online searching. andreacordero any update on what came about for you and your touch screen issue?
Hey so, I have not done anything to fix it ever since i tried the usb file. However, I noticed it stops sometimes and then randomly does it... like right now with colder weather it runs perfectly. but when its super hot i have more issues. I am waiting to go to the dealership when I need my oil change and ask if they can update my system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Basically just go to the diagnostic screen like you did to check the code, spin the dial back til 99 is on the screen and it’ll ask you if you wanna update. Select update and it’ll automatically start. The screen will turn off momentarily and then it’ll start. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT SHUT THE CAR OFF! Just leave it alone for half an hour and come back, if the battery dies while you’re doing it you will lose the infotainment completely so make sure all the accessories are turned off. Good luck ;)

when i do that the screen says something about a USB. Then it says no updates found. Do i need to run some kinda USB? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
when i do that the screen says something about a USB. Then it says no updates found. Do i need to run some kinda USB? thanks in advance
Yes there is a specific file that you need to download to a clean usb drive. Im not sure where the public can access the file but maybe someone else can help out with that. The current version I believe is 74.00.230.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
do you or anyone have a link to the file?

·
Registered
3 Posts

oh wow.. thank you... so what do i exactly need for 2017 mazda 6? just a clean USB drive and? I'm not too technically gifted so the link you sent me kinda threw me off. what exactly am i supposed to click on? thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
oh wow.. thank you... so what do i exactly need for 2017 mazda 6? just a clean USB drive and? I'm not too technically gifted so the link you sent me kinda threw me off. what exactly am i supposed to click on? thank you in advance
First, you need patience to read and understand everything on that thread. Then there's an update note you have to see and follow the instructions.

If you are not so confident to do it, then you have to ask a friend to do it for you or pay someone else to do it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts