Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way I can just disable touchscreen with a program or file? I want to avoid having to open up my system.. It is a mazda 6 2017

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It disables when you drive.
Yeah I know this, but, my screen still acts crazy when I drive.. from what I have heard if I disable touch screen it will completely stop doing this.. I am out of warranty and I was told my whole screen needs to be replaced and I am looking at other options before spending $800+

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you try and reset the head unit?
Hold the following 3 buttons for 10 seconds: Back, Nav and Mute
And/or did you try upgrading the firmware to a later or latest version?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try and reset the head unit?
Hold the following 3 buttons for 10 seconds: Back, Nav and Mute
And/or did you try upgrading the firmware to a later or latest version?
I have not tried an update.. I did the reset and I also completed a diagnostic test by following the steps below:
So turn your car on.
On the commander (once the mazdaconnect loads) hold the music note, star, and mute/volume buttons down for a few seconds.
A test screen appears.
Turn the commander clockwise to put a 4 on the screen.
Press the commander knob down and release.
You should see a code list come up.
I had a code: B108E:04 for center display internal failure

Honestly I haven't tried to update because I am scared to fuck it up. lol excuse my potty mouth

·
Registered
183 Posts
No, I get it. Sorry this is an issue actually didn't hear about this. Quick google search found it is a known issue and covered under extended warranty by Mazda on Mazda3 cars up to 2016. Would have assumed it would have been fixed in 2017, but apparently not. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10164268-0001.pdf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I get it. Sorry this is an issue actually didn't hear about this. Quick google search found it is a known issue and covered under extended warranty by Mazda on Mazda3 cars up to 2016. Would have assumed it would have been fixed in 2017, but apparently not. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10164268-0001.pdf
Yes sadly, it does not cover 2017 and I am so mad because its the same issue.. how could they not cover my year as well? So now I don't know what to do because I have heard from others that they were quoted around $800+!!! It has been getting worse and worse and I have become so annoyed by it. Thankfully it just changed my music and doesn't call people randomly

·
Registered
183 Posts
Perhaps Mazda will extend the coverage to include additional years. If more people report it? Good luck with the fix!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Cal
Yes sadly, it does not cover 2017 and I am so mad because its the same issue.. how could they not cover my year as well? So now I don't know what to do because I have heard from others that they were quoted around $800+!!! It has been getting worse and worse and I have become so annoyed by it. Thankfully it just changed my music and doesn't call people randomly
Call Mazda USA and ask them what to do if the reset doesn't work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cal

Call Mazda USA and ask them what to do if the reset doesn't work.
Thanks, Ill try to reset and if it does not work i'll call Mazda and see if maybe theres something they can help me with. I love my car and the screen going crazy is so ANNOYING.

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
I would also try to update the software for the infotainment system, the newest version is 70.00.367 and it seems to be taking care of most issues and it makes the system run a lot smoother. However that internal failure code may just be the nail in the coffin unless the reset can clear it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would also try to update the software for the infotainment system, the newest version is 70.00.367 and it seems to be taking care of most issues and it makes the system run a lot smoother. However that internal failure code may just be the nail in the coffin unless the reset can clear it.
Yeah i’m just afraid to fuck up updating the system but i’m going to try to do that soon. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
Yeah i’m just afraid to fuck up updating the system but i’m going to try to do that soon. Thanks!!!
Basically just go to the diagnostic screen like you did to check the code, spin the dial back til 99 is on the screen and it’ll ask you if you wanna update. Select update and it’ll automatically start. The screen will turn off momentarily and then it’ll start. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT SHUT THE CAR OFF! Just leave it alone for half an hour and come back, if the battery dies while you’re doing it you will lose the infotainment completely so make sure all the accessories are turned off. Good luck ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Basically just go to the diagnostic screen like you did to check the code, spin the dial back til 99 is on the screen and it’ll ask you if you wanna update. Select update and it’ll automatically start. The screen will turn off momentarily and then it’ll start. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT SHUT THE CAR OFF! Just leave it alone for half an hour and come back, if the battery dies while you’re doing it you will lose the infotainment completely so make sure all the accessories are turned off. Good luck ;)
Oh great I didn’t know this!!!!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
Do they charge for updates?
I can’t personally say as I’m a technician and don’t really deal with pricing but if you have any type of relationship with a mazda service advisor I’m sure they would just tell the tech to do the update when you get your next oil change. If you go just for the update they probably will charge you because it does take about 20-30 mins.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can’t personally say as I’m a technician and don’t really deal with pricing but if you have any type of relationship with a mazda service advisor I’m sure they would just tell the tech to do the update when you get your next oil change. If you go just for the update they probably will charge you because it does take about 20-30 mins.
Yeah I go for oil changes, I'll ask next time... thankssss :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts