Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I received this email as per a request I sent to Mazda Canada last MONTH. This will interest you. Here it is :

Dear Mr. ,

We were, of course, very pleased to receive your letter inquiring about our exiting new vehicle, the 2004 Mazda6. You will likely have already noted one significant change in our new release – the Mazda6 will be coming to the Canadian Market as a 2004 model. The following information was just released to our dealership network and so we are now in a position to share some details with you. As well, please keep an eye on our website for breaking news releases as they become available.

The all-new Mazda6 will provide our customers with new levels of driving dynamics, interior and exterior styling, refinement, safety and cost of ownership. Worldwide launch sales results and automotive press coverage of the Mazda6 have been outstanding and we are extremely confident that the Mazda6 will be well received in Canada.

The Mazda6 is extremely well equipped. Some of the standard features include:

· ABS with EBFD
· Traction Control System (TCS)
· 16-inch Wheels and 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
· Air Conditioning
· Power locks with Remote, Power Windows and Heated Power Mirrors
· 60/40 Split Folding Rear Seatback with Trunk-Mounted Release Levers
· Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
· CD Player with 6 Speakers
· Automatic Headlight Shut-off
· Dual Exhaust Mufflers with Bright Round Finishers
· Outside Ambient Temperature
· 2 12-Volt Power Outlets with Retained Power
· Front Door Storage Pockets with Bottle Holders

The Mazda6 will be on the dealer lots in early 2003, but our dealerships have been authorized to pre-sell at an introductory price. Please send us your mailing address, as we will be happy to send you in the post the pre-sell pricing schedule and preliminary specifications, as well as a Canadian Dealership directory. For additional details and specifics regarding delivery dates, we recommend you visit your Mazda dealership.

Regards,
MAZDA CANADA INC.

So everybody from Canada, if you want to receive the future information, please send your request to : [email protected]

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Information for Canada'

Well this brings an interesting point. A little OT but nonetheless. Are dual exhaust outlets standard on the I4 models in Canada? Or is it just the V6's?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I don't think I've seen ANY pictures of a 6 without dual exhaust, so I'm interested in knowing to.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I think I can bring some light to the matter.

The dual exhaust pipes here in Sweden are only on the 2.3 sport models. The 2.0 and 1.8 don't have it. But since you guys only get the fourbanger in 2.3 litre version, I think it's safe to say that you'll have the dual pipes on all of them.

And that they are there on the V6 I simply take for granted...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah...double exhaust pipes for good and for bad. I understand that a spare exhaust system costs close to US$1000...

Plenty buck, schmuck.:sarc

·
Registered
26 Posts

Mazda is typically very good to us Canuks. We buy (proportionally) more Mazdas, by far, than the U.S. does.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I wish they would update the Mazda Canada website. There is nothing there. Its the shittiest car website i have ever seen.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Posted by Kincaid  

Well this brings an interesting point. A little OT but nonetheless. Are dual exhaust outlets standard on the I4 models in Canada? Or is it just the V6's?  [/b]

Kinkaid, we have a GS I4, GT I4, GS V6 and GT V6

Every model has 2 round pipes. The 2 ovel pipes comes with the GFX package that's only available with the GT I4 (leather); GS V6 and GT V6 (leather).

PLUS : I've heard from a car journalist that maybe it will come out a month earlier, but it's not sure. He spokes with a big head from Mazda and told him that (for USA and Canada).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Omega

I wish they would update the Mazda Canada website. There is nothing there.  Its the shittiest car website i have ever seen.  [/b]
Yeah, that site is useless.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I know most, if not all, Canadian cars' speedometers indicate Kilometers/hr with Miles/hr on the inside. Does anyone know if the Mazda6 will have this and will the odometer be able to switch between the Kph and Mph?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts