Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 09 with navi. I wanted to know how I can get the info display to show the song title or artists name when useing sirus sat radio? anyone know how? Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (moveingfaster @ Oct 1 2008, 12:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1449506
Hello, I have a 09 with navi. I wanted to know how I can get the info display to show the song title or artists name when useing sirus sat radio? anyone know how? Thanks.[/b]
I don't know how the 09 controls are. But I just found out that this is possible in my 2006 6s with the stock bose system. Look for a button that says "disp" (for the first gen its on the seek/scan button) and while your on a sirius station it will go to the genre first, then artist, then song title. It seems to only display one word at a time for me and not scroll through the full name. It worked for one CD I had as well, the other were burned CDs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sting7k @ Oct 1 2008, 12:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1449533
I don't know how the 09 controls are. But I just found out that this is possible in my 2006 6s with the stock bose system. Look for a button that says "disp" (for the first gen its on the seek/scan button) and while your on a sirius station it will go to the genre first, then artist, then song title. It seems to only display one word at a time for me and not scroll through the full name. It worked for one CD I had as well, the other were burned CDs.[/b]

I tried the display button but it did nothing for the info display. Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE (moveingfaster @ Oct 2 2008, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1451063
I tried the display button but it did nothing for the info display. Anyone have any other ideas?[/b]

since its basically an eclipse unit anyway, look on the touchscreen menu for title........i pick my 09 up on friday, ill let you know after i get it, if you dont mind waiting

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at the online user manual last night and they show you being able to. Watch the videos under radio control and the ones for navigation. There is a button in the nav menu that lets it go back to the nav after changing stations or you can keep that off and you will stay where you are for the radio. There looks to be quite a few options for the sat radio as far as what you can show on the screen and you can also save favorite artists or songs and get prompts when they are on. Below is the link to the video version of the user manual...be sure to choose the one for the mazda 6 with navigation. Hope this helps.

Mazda 6 Owner's Manual

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking to have the map displayed on the navi screen and the radio info displayed on the info display. like the artist name or song title. As it is now when i'm listing to sirius radio the info display shows SR01
I would like it to say the artist name.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (moveingfaster @ Nov 19 2008, 04:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1478846
I'm looking to have the map displayed on the navi screen and the radio info displayed on the info display. like the artist name or song title. As it is now when i'm listing to sirius radio the info display shows SR01
I would like it to say the artist name.[/b]

Ok, I misunderstood your question. I am not sure how to do that yet with the navi option, but I would think you should be able to since it will do it on a car that doesn't have nav. I will let you know if I figure that out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts