Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get either or in components sets from work at cost. we stock the alpine type r components but were only able to get the infinity kappa perfect series for a limited time through infinity because we won't stock the kappa perfect series. I’ve heard the type r components but i haven't hear the kappa perfect series. has anyone heard them?? and are they ass good as the type r's? which one should i get??

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Depends on what you are going for. The Kappa Perfect components are very precise, and will sound great, but don't expect them to reproduce a lot of bass. You will NEED a subwoofer with them. The Type- R's although not nescesarily as crystal clear as the Infinities, will play much lower. It's hard to make objective comments comparing either, as 90% of the sound comes from the install anyways.

Either of those is a good choice, but if you aren't running a sub, I'd reccomend the Type-Rs

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i can get either or in components sets from work at cost. we stock the alpine type r components but were only able to get the infinity kappa perfect series for a limited time through infinity because we won't stock the kappa perfect series. I’ve heard the type r components but i haven't hear the kappa perfect series. has anyone heard them?? and are they ass good as the type r's? which one should i get??
[/b]
I'm trying to decide between the same components, but I've only heard the Kappa perfects and that was several years ago, so I don't know. I know the Type S coaxials sound pretty good.

Depends on what you are going for. The Kappa Perfect components are very precise, and will sound great, but don't expect them to reproduce a lot of bass. You will NEED a subwoofer with them. The Type- R's although not nescesarily as crystal clear as the Infinities, will play much lower. It's hard to make objective comments comparing either, as 90% of the sound comes from the install anyways.

Either of those is a good choice, but if you aren't running a sub, I'd reccomend the Type-Rs
[/b]
I'm running a sub, so which would sound better just putting them in the stock mounts etc. Also, are there any good components out there that don't require an amp? I'm getting sick of the hissing and distortion from the Bose crap.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm not a audio expert so I have questions too. I'm looking at the Infinity Perfect 6.1 for front and back. Was looking at running them off of an Infinity Reference 7541a amp. Now my question is the components are rated at 100 watts RMS and the amp is 111 watts RMS both at 4 ohms. Is it ok to have an amp that has higher output than speakers long as you don't crank it up all the way? And any thoughts on Infinity amps?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well here's my two cents on this. I just got a set of infinity kappa perfect 6.1 components installed upfront and some CDT CL-6EX coxials installed in the rear doors. All four speakers are hooked up to an Aura RPM4200 amp pushing 50W RMS to all four speakers. I am running an Alpine CDA9851 head unit as well. As for the difference between running the head unit to the bose speakers and what I am running now is night and day. While the bose had more low end bass than what i have now, they could not even come remotely close to the clarity and sheer volume of the speaker set up I have now. With the bose I could only push the volume level to around 9 or 10 MAX before distortion and the possibility of blown speakers started to kit in, now I can push these speakers at or around the mid to high 20 level without any distortion what so ever. It is so loud its unbearable. If your looking at matching up your highs with a powerful subwoofer, then this is the way to go. If your just looking at getting as much clarity AND bass out of your door speakers and you aren't going to get a sub the go with the Type R's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
H-Town6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing