Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm think I've decided on Infinity Speakers to upgrade from the Blose. My question is, which should I go with, Infinity Kappa, Infinity Kappa Perfects, or Infinity References? I want clean Mids and Highs, I have a sub for my Lows and a Pioneer AVIC N2 for my headunit. I plan to add only speakers at first without an amp just running off the headunit, then put in the amp later when I'm ready to upgrade (probably a couple months afterwards) so I'm not dumping sooo much money into it at once. This is the amp I think I'm going with http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=269-164 unless you have other inexpensive recommendations or something against this amp. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would prob. go with the kappa's or the perfects...references aren't that great when it comes down to midbass...but I would also look into Polk Momo's around the same price range and sound better

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I've been considering those Polk Momo's also, I've got it narrowed down to those and Boston Acoustics SL60's. I need help hooking it all up though as I've never done a full stereo job before. I think the references are kinda weak, from what people have told me. The Kappas are supposed to be pretty good though.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I've been considering those Polk Momo's also, I've got it narrowed down to those and Boston Acoustics SL60's. I need help hooking it all up though as I've never done a full stereo job before. I think the references are kinda weak, from what people have told me. The Kappas are supposed to be pretty good though.
[/b]
The kappa series are very nice, however they are 2 ohms. That means you CAN'T run them off of your headunit, they need an amplifier, either the bose or an aftermarket amp.

Honestly I'd say get the kappas and the amp at the same time and skip the whole running them off of the head unit step.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
ChoppaBoy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing