Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
infinity basslink t

has anyone installed this in a 6 with bose system.

i have 06 mazdaspeed 6 with the bose no navi.

is there a rca output on back of radio (im guessing no)

if i splice into rear speaker wires for signal can i use the sub wires?
do they have inline crossovers or do i have to use the ones from the kit?
i have never installed a sub system to a stock radio only aftermarket with preouts on radio.

·
Registered
86 Posts
infinity basslink t

has anyone installed this in a 6 with bose system.

i have 06 mazdaspeed 6 with the bose no navi.

is there a rca output on back of radio (im guessing no)

if i splice into rear speaker wires for signal can i use the sub wires?
do they have inline crossovers or do i have to use the ones from the kit?
i have never installed a sub system to a stock radio only aftermarket with preouts on radio.
[/b]

They have a Basslink 2 now, I still have a Basslink 1 in the garage from a previous car, I was thinking about throwing into my MS6 also. The stock MS6 Radio has a seperate subwoofer and Amplifier on the back deck so it should be easy to install the Basslink with the existing wiring. The input to that rear amp is line level so it should work well. You should not need to run any cables, just disconnect the connector from the amp and splice in the cables to the Infinity. There was a link I found on the forums with the wiring of that connector, I believe its 4 wires.

·
Registered
752 Posts

this is the basslink 2, ive seen it in crutchfield for a while now. i like how it doesnt take up space and has a built in amp, but i have no idea how it sounds.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Best Buy actually had one on display (Basslink I), hooked up, but no audio running to it. Their audition displays for amps and speakers suck! Not to mention if they are working, they're usually set up to make as much bass as possible.

What I was impressed by is the Basslink I was smaller than I had anticipated. Anyone know where you can actually audition one?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the Basslink 1 in my 2003 BMW 540, and I can tell you that it was excellent. It was a very popular item for older 5 series guys, they even made a harness for it so it was plug and play. The 2 has more power and a square woofer. Supposedly has much more bass but the big thing is that an amplifier card can be installed to power up the rest of the system. Not sure how applicable that would be for us but I can say the Basslink should work great in the 6. I plan on throwing my old basslink in to my 6 soon. They also sell a remote level control that is very handy so you can increase or decrease the amount of bass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts