Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Parlin, NJ 08859

My car club has partnered up with several companies and businesses to throw the last carshow of the year. I know October tends to be a little chilly, but we're hoping for the best. We're expecting over 100 cars, with plenty of other stuff to do and take part in. So if you live anywhere close by you should come out for a good time, I'd really appreciate the support.

Also as the flyer says, a portion of the proceeds will go towards DARE.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ehhhh i guess i can make it...got nothin else to do. LOL j/k You missed a good meet last tues. and theres this damn rain this tues! but let me know some more info as it comes up, and ill see what i can do about going

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe sure thing. I'll be handing out flyers when I get them at the upcoming Tuesday meetings.

We're trying to go out with a bang ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Its kinda hard to read that flyer -- does it cost anything to be in that show?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that, I just changed it and put a bigger picture of the flyer up. The entry fee is $15 to show.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they aren't that great, but we have others that are slightly better. You're more than welcomed to model for us :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if you are serious, we try and get you the most exposure as possible to take your amateur modeling career from well, amateur to another level. Keep in mind we do have connections with Rix Magazine (http://www.rixmag.com) and they are going to be there.

As for money - You usually get tips for posing for other people and their cars. We usually set up a table with a jar on it for tips and girls split the tips. For one of the MAJOR shows around here (Englishtown Summerslam) I think the girls made over $500+ together, which isn't too bad for a few hours of standing around. Those were the better looking ones though, not the ones on the flyer :)

If you're interested, just send me a PM. Again nothing is promised but we try and make sure you don't walk away open handed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh, I was just messing with you! Haha. I'd actually love to do it but I have "Pre-Marital" classes my fiance and I are required to take before we get married on that weekend. I think it's on Friday (the 22nd) from 7pm-9pm. Which I don't get home from work until 5pm. Then on Saturday from 9am-4pm. Seriously, I don't know what the hell they're going to talk about for 7 hours on Saturday...but I guess I'll find out.

I'm considered "Semi-Professional" with modeling because I have been doing it since 2001 and get paid gigs. No tips. Just paid by the vendor.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unforuantely that doesn't work at all, maybe next time. The more models the better, always seems to attract a larger crowd :) I think we do have a vendor for models, I'm not really sure of how it all works anyway in terms of us.

Everyone better come out for our show, I'll hold a grudge!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Unforuantely that doesn't work at all, maybe next time. The more models the better, always seems to attract a larger crowd :) I think we do have a vendor for models, I'm not really sure of how it all works anyway in terms of us.

Everyone better come out for our show, I'll hold a grudge!
[/b]
Vendor for models? Umm...that's not what I meant. Not sure if what I am thinking is how you meant it either. But what I meant by vendor, is a company (the vendor...for example Toyo Tires.) would contact me and say "Hey, we have a show for you to attend for us. We'll pay you $xxx.xx to do this event plus cost of gas to get here and boarding (hotels) if needed. Do you want to do it?"

Then I said yes or no. I show up at the event, go to their booth. They give me the clothes I need to wear with their logo on it. I go get changed, and I work the crowd and talk up the vendor. I'm a major flirt too, so it's a lot of fun. Until someone asks me to hang out after the show...but now I get to say "Sorry! I'm engaged!" :) I love doing these shows though. They're so much fun!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'm sure shows are a lot of fun for girls who want to get hit on...hehe. Anyway I don't really know what I'm talking about with the models - someone else deals with them in my car club. We basically get them from a modeling agency but we don't have to pay for them or something of that sort. Don't know all of it.

They aren't ugly, here's a few pictures of some (from Funk Flex in AC):

I KNOW EVERYONE WANTS TO COME NOW.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No no no no... Import Other.

You'll fall into the category of Mazda, Hyundai, Toyota, etc etc... Any import that isn't Nissan or Honda or a Euro.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.