Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just like the manual says, take it to the dealer because DSC has an error/broken. So there it is and a day has passed with no reply or call yet and I'm stuck with an enterprise Pontiac Vibe that is aweful.

Has anyone else had to take their MS6 in for this issue? My bet is it's a software issue or a 3$ sensor nothing really mech as I've babied this car since buying it a few weeks ago. Not a single launch yet even.

One thing Im happy about is tomorrow I need to drive 120+ miles tomorrow and the vibe is rated 30/34 with cheap gas :) At least I can save myself a little bit of money.

Any ideas or experiences with this? It seemed to be brought on sitting overnight in colder weather. It would originally shut off as the car warmed over a few miles but not it wont turn off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hit the button and turn it the DSC on. Just kidding, I had a check engine light on yesterday so I to will be at the dealer sooner than later.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi there DMZadony,

I had ths exact same problem, and it turned out to be a sensor of some sort. (I'm guessin but I seem to remember the steering sensor) - do a search and see if you can find my post that details the results of my dilema.

While I'm no mechanical wizard - this could be your issue.

I know that I was a little worried when I looked at the manual, and was l a little paranoid about driving my car... but after a week of the dealer checking everything - this is what they found. Once it was replaced I've never had the problem since!

Good luck!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there DMZadony,

I had ths exact same problem, and it turned out to be a sensor of some sort. (I'm guessin but I seem to remember the steering sensor)
[/b]

DING DING DING we got a winner! So I just got the call to pick my car. And the problem was a sensor which was not being ID'd properly. They re-programed the system and had the sensor re-initialized thus once again identified by the system. Seems a little far fetched but it did take them a good 24hrs of keepin the car...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DING DING DING we got a winner! So I just got the call to pick my car. And the problem was a sensor which was not being ID'd properly. They re-programed the system and had the sensor re-initialized thus once again identified by the system. Seems a little far fetched but it did take them a good 24hrs of keepin the car...
[/b]
So I go there at lunch; get the key, re-adjust the seat, turn the car on... and all of a sudden it pops right back on.....

I was pissed and rushed right in there and took my rental keys and left..

·
Registered
396 Posts
So I go there at lunch; get the key, re-adjust the seat, turn the car on... and all of a sudden it pops right back on.....

I was pissed and rushed right in there and took my rental keys and left..
[/b]
With you it is probably user error. :nana:

I guess it isn't the sensor either, huh? ;)

I am sure they will figure it out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With you it is probably user error. :nana:

I guess it isn't the sensor either, huh? ;)

I am sure they will figure it out.
[/b]

Any bets I dont hear from them at all today?

Im starting to love beating the hell out of my Vibe rental... Boy I wish I still had my nitrous kit from my old stang laying around :nono: The car sucks, drives like poop, looks like poop but it's still a rental...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, sorry to hear (also sounds like my symptoms) - although they never said that my issue was a sensor.

They had my car for a week (I drove around a 3 the entire time)

After much review, and speculation, my problem was a faulty sensor. (or a combination of everything they did to try and fix the issue)

Perhaps they haven't found the correct sensor yet?

I do remember that it was a PIA

Good luck!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, sorry to hear (also sounds like my symptoms) - although they never said that my issue was a sensor.

They had my car for a week (I drove around a 3 the entire time)

After much review, and speculation, my problem was a faulty sensor. (or a combination of everything they did to try and fix the issue)

Perhaps they haven't found the correct sensor yet?

I do remember that it was a PIA

Good luck!
[/b]

I told them in my hissy fit about how "someone" else had their car in for a week for this same issue and that it isnt as easy they think with re-programming a sensor. They still acted like it was nothing...

I told them in my hissy fit about how "someone" else had their car in for a week for this same issue and that it isnt as easy they think with re-programming a sensor. They still acted like it was nothing...
[/b]
Just called them, impatient here..

They ordered a new sensor.. duh if it had to be re-programmed in 1000K miles with no abuse at all something's wrong.. atleast they admitted that they were wrong on the phone..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dan, I was at the dealer today getting an oil change and inquired about your car and your DSC problem. I also left a little present for you in your car. :nana:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dan, I was at the dealer today getting an oil change and inquired about your car and your DSC problem. I also left a little present for you in your car. :nana:
[/b]
Uh Oh!
:toiletp:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uh Oh!
:toiletp:
[/b]
:laugh:

So now they call to tell me another day because they got the wrong part in and another part is on backorder... Can anyone say Vibe offroading tonight? :drive:

·
Registered
856 Posts
:laugh:

So now they call to tell me another day because they got the wrong part in and another part is on backorder... Can anyone say Vibe offroading tonight? :drive:
[/b]
You know....I hear FWD rentals do some awesome reverse donuts!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi there DMZadony,

I had ths exact same problem, and it turned out to be a sensor of some sort. (I'm guessin but I seem to remember the steering sensor) - do a search and see if you can find my post that details the results of my dilema.

While I'm no mechanical wizard - this could be your issue.

I know that I was a little worried when I looked at the manual, and was l a little paranoid about driving my car... but after a week of the dealer checking everything - this is what they found. Once it was replaced I've never had the problem since!

Good luck!
[/b]
if your light is on when u start the car especially recently bought units try turning steering wheel lock to lock does not metter wich side first, light should go out if it goes out turn key off and restart after 10 sec if no more light on "dsc" problem is fixed saves u a trip to dealer.let me know if successfull.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had the exact same problem last night, it stayed on the entire time. i havent checked it this morning but im guessing it will still be on. (granted i was doing doughnuts in the rain and thats how it got it to come on...but yeah..)

Oh and by the way....AWD doughnuts....AWESOME!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was backing my car into the garage 2 nights ago and my light came on as well. It has been on more then off since then so I called my dealership. The service guy said they haven't really worked on Speed6's much. He said they would have to plug it in to the computer and see if there was any information logged. Anyone here in the Buffalo, NY area have a Speed6? If so what dealership do you go to for service? I don't like that I have only 2000 miles on my car and I have to take it in already. I like it even less that I have to go to the dealership though. Will I need to remove my CAI to avoid any "issues" as well?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is most likely the problem you are having. I had 700 miles on mine when I had to take it in and have this sensor replaced. I have seen a handful of these over at the 6tech forum also. The part was back ordered for quite a while and it took them a month to finally fix my car.

C1956
Steering Angle Sensor Circuit Failure

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is most likely the problem you are having. I had 700 miles on mine when I had to take it in and have this sensor replaced. I have seen a handful of these over at the 6tech forum also. The part was back ordered for quite a while and it took them a month to finally fix my car.

C1956
Steering Angle Sensor Circuit Failure[/b]

Well I took my car into the dealership today and they first asked if I bought the car from them. Does this matter? They took my car in and said the only thing they could find was a low battery condition. The tech said he has no idea why the light is staying on because they aren't finding anything on the computer. He said maybe the information isn't getting saved to the computer because of the low battery. This is all they said and sent me on my way with no paperwork. They did say they would call Mazda and get back to me. I think they pulled the Jedi Mind Trick on me. (there is nothing wrong with your car, you can go now, there is nothing wrong with my car, I can go now) I guess I'm a little confused what I'm supposed to do now with my light still on, just wait for a phone call?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys,
I've from AUS and i've had this happen before. There was some 'multisensor' that failed and had to be replaced. I didn't get the specifics (they didn't say too much more besides that). Hopefully your issues go away!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts