Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, as the title says, after having my 3071r on and tuned for about a month now, my clutch has seemed to be fading out on me. i am currently buying Charles's suspension set-up (megan springs and koni yellows) and i am in the market for a new clutch. im just wondering what all of you guys are running, and any feedback of different ones. And yes, i have heard that they are a BI-OTCH on our cars. haha.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the act steet disk. Feels real. Grabs like a mother. The flywheel is half the weight of stock. I wanted the 4 puck. But I got such a great deal on this one, that I counld't pas it up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
do u get any of that gear rattle or w.e u want to call it that so many speak of when replacing dual mass flywheels?

·
Registered
400 Posts
A little in the beginning. The clutch pedal is alot harder now. So it takes a little to get used to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the act steet disk. Feels real. Grabs like a mother. The flywheel is half the weight of stock. I wanted the 4 puck. But I got such a great deal on this one, that I counld't pas it up.
sweet. thanks for the input! thats actually what i was looking at. i heard that some people with the Spec clutches wish they would have went with the ACT. that flywheel that you speak of.. is that the one that comes with it from SU? its really half the weight of stock?!

·
Registered
400 Posts
As far as I know it is half the weight. i do know it is lighter. i can just tell by the revs

·
Registered
219 Posts
When you come down Sunday i have a car that has 4 puck in it that you can see how it feels. Also FYI the Street disc is the highest price of all the clutches. The puck clutches are cheaper!! i have (2) 6 pucks at my house now and a factory one already out of the car so you can see the weight difference for yourself up front.

·
Registered
400 Posts
so according to that the ACT flywheel is 16lbs. And doing some searching the stock is 26lbs.

No matter what i am sure you will enjoy it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha awesome! i cant wait. thanks for the info. i think im sold on a ACT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts