Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an odd, one-time issue today with the car. I pulled off the side of the road to take a look at a car for sale, and go figure, when I got back in my car I had a car issue.

I started the car up, put it in 1st gear, took the e-brake off and then tried to start moving forward, but it just started to bog down like it was in 5th gear, or as if the ebrake was still on; the car simply would not move. I put it in 2nd gear, same thing, 3rd, same, reverse, same issue. I then put the car in neutral (wiggled the shifter around to make sure it was in neutral) and took my foot off the gas and the car stalled! It did this 3 times, then I turned it off, rowed through the gears again, started it up again, and for some odd reason it worked completely fine th 3rd attempt, and hasnt had a hiccup since. This was earlier in the day, and I drove an additional 100 miles in stop and go traffic after this happened without the slightest issue.

Could anyone tell me what could have happened?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Had a gearbox issue similar to that with my mates car. Mechanic said it had something to do with the selector. When pulled apart and done by hand there were no issues but when reassembled and relying on the "selector" it just wouldn't go in gear.

In the end of it all he had to replace some warped o-ring etc. Cost over $1000 for tranny disassembly and such. If you have low miles then thats weird. In all cases I recommend changing the fluid because it makes a big difference to mazda MTX's.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Check the shifter cable ends on both the shifter and the transmission side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the owners manual says that if you parked in snow, they car may not move under power, and in that event, you need to turn the traction control off.

Only thing that comes to mind...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
call me jack
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing