Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 2 weeks ago I experienced a malfunction on my In-Dash, and I received it back today. I have yet to test it because I want to be sure that the way that I wire it is correct.

Below is a picture that I drew up on paint with the indash fuse box, which connects to the wiring harness. I can connect the ACC and Battery Wire to the same positive terminal correct? And the parking brake wire needs a ground so that I can bypass having to have the parking brake up to have the In-Dash powered on?

Please take a look at the diagram that I drew up, and give me some feedback. Thanks.

[attachmentid=17449]

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
ACC has to be on a switched 12v source, that only comes on when the car is turned on, The battery wire needs to be ran to a 12v constant source that stays on even when the car is turned off. If you connect the acc to the battery source your radio wont turn off...so basically no you cant wire it that way.... the parking brake wire will depend on which in dash your using, some can just be grounded, but most youll need a switch to send the correct pulse to the unit, but it just depends what your installing....someone correct me if im wrong, ive been doing this shit all day

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll most likely connect the ACC wire to the ignition then. My In-Dash is a Pyle, and it says that the parking brake wire has to be grounded, which I believe is right because the first time I connected it, the In-Dash worked and I grounded the parking brake wire.

Thanks for the response dude.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts