Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much power the stock (non bose) cd player pushes? Also what company makes it?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: In Dash Stereo

If it's like most stock systems look for between 10-20 watts per channel, if that. I am not sure what compnay makes it as I havent had a chance to get back behind the dash yet. I have been way too busy with school and work right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'In Dash Stereo'

That sucks.... you'd think someone would put out a good in dash by now. Im hearing rumor about maybe Blaupunkt? I know the Ford Focus Mp3 is made by them... If thats the case, I would assume its got a little more bang.

·
Registered
657 Posts

The stock Bose puts out a heavily distorted 25w per channel. Stock I believe is 10w. And THIS is heading over to In Car Electronics because.... Well, it's talking about in car electronics. Durrrrrrrrr

:)

·
Registered
376 Posts

by the way, i opened the dash to change my cd player to my new mp3 player...

1- it is damn complicated to get the front panel off...
2- it was written 25W per channel on my stock radio... but the speakers seem cheap...
3- the mp3 player rocks! the only sad thing is that you can't do a shuffle between directories on a cd...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

The regular speakers are 25W
TOMAS

·
Registered
791 Posts

The stock speakers are rated to 25 watts, but the amplifier does not produce that much, especially in the rear. The rear is ~2.5 watts.

·
Registered
376 Posts

stretchsje, you make me feel a little suspicious from where i saw the written 25W... i can't exactly remember...

i can say though that i got the stock system and now with my mp3 player! :)

but still, it corresponds to my needs, even if it's 2,5W, i never heard a 2,5W ampli sounding that well!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replying to Topic 'In Dash Stereo'

Where did you order the Mp3 from? And could you describe how you go the dash apart / how you installed it?

·
Registered
376 Posts

in another thread, the guy posted his webpage where he got all on how to remove the center unit....
http://home.online.no/~rekse/mazda6/

and i told all that to the guy at the dealer's (where i got my mp3) even then, i disagreed and preferd to look in his mazda6 bibles... after a while he admitted that i was right... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts