Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was involved in an accident. Long story short, the insurance company says I don't have collision coverage even though I told them I wanted it. They don't have phone records going back far enough to prove that I wanted it. The repair costs will probably exceed what I want to pay. I'm curious what others think I'd be able to sell the damaged vehicle for. The motor still cranks over although it looks like the intake manifold may be cracked thanks to being plastic garbage.. The only fluids on the ground appeared to be power steering fluid. 116,000 miles

20191227_175845.jpg

·
Registered
622 Posts
Sorry to hear it, that sucks. Scrap metal value is very low right now so for the whole car you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred bucks. You'd get a lot more over time parting it out yourself, but that takes a ton of time and effort, and you'd need space to store the carcass for potentially a very long time. Unless its an exotic supercar or something, wrecked cars just aren't worth anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sucks, insurance companies are the worst. :( I'd look carefully over the coverage details the insurance company provided you with at the beginning of the term to verify what they are saying.

If not, depending on the car's value before the accident, might be worth threatening to and possibly following through with hiring a lawyer, threatening to haul them into small claims court, or reporting them to the agency that oversees car insurance in your state. Maybe you can get them to give you at least part of what it was worth.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was thinking of listing it somewhere are a parts vehicle. I just wasn't sure how much I could get by doing that. I might pull some of the stuff that can be easily stored until I sell it like the radio and tail lights. The tires only have 12k on them. If I could find someone that wants the full set, I might pull those. Problem is I don't have anything to put on it so it could be towed to the scrap yard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
As others have said:
1. Sorry to hear this.
2. Check your bill and your Declarations Page. Were you paying for Collision? If yes, demand coverage. If not, you don't have it.
3. Parting out a non-unusual, non-high-demand car is going to take a long time and generate very little money.

One of life's expensive lessons. Hope you were not injured.
Other than that, Happy New Year...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was involved in an accident. Long story short, the insurance company says I don't have collision coverage even though I told them I wanted it. They don't have phone records going back far enough to prove that I wanted it. The repair costs will probably exceed what I want to pay. I'm curious what others think I'd be able to sell the damaged vehicle for. The motor still cranks over although it looks like the intake manifold may be cracked thanks to being plastic garbage.. The only fluids on the ground appeared to be power steering fluid. 116,000 miles

View attachment 238860
omg its terrible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts