Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Improvements:

1. The North American and Canadian models of the 6 should have adjustable headrests on the rear seat for all three passengers, just like the seats installed in European, Australian, and Japanese models.

2. Side turn signals on front sides, also like the ones installed in European, Australian, and Japanese models.

3. Maybe a DVD entertainment system as an option.

4. More efficient engines. Fuel consumption not as good as Accord!

5. Xeron headlights.

More to come later!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Improvements

I second the rear seat headrests. I don't understand why Mazda NA would not have it in the current NA model.

This is probably the only feature I think well deserve to have in the car. It is a safety issue for rear passenger. If headrests are not safe then why have it on the front seats. Please Mazda change your assembly line to install rear headrests.

The rest is not as important and can be offer as options or later models.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I don't care about rear headrests now, but may later...

The side turn signals, on the other had, are something I'd really like to see.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Wonder if those Gov. required child seat harness attachment points are the reason for no headrests? Looks like it would be very had to use them if there were headrests right in front.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Improvements'

Some more:

1. Tilting side mirrors.

2. Have a memory system to memorised up to two setting for the driver seat positions (including side mirrors and central mirror, and steering wheel)

3. Two CRV-7 Rocket launcher s to clear the left lane ahead of any slow vehicle.
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby...07/Weaponry.htm (joking)

4. Remote starter integrated to the current remote keyless control.

5. Headlight washer jet for NA as Europe has.

6. Heated (defrost) side mirrors.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

You know what would be a great improvement? Make the trunk attached to the rear window, so that when you opened it, the whole thing would raise, making it real easy to load the car up. Oh, and you could make the rear deck removable because of that, making it even more versatile. And put these cool buttons in the back that would drop the rear seats flat, so when you tried to load something big, you could just pop the seats down.

Nah, I guess that's just crazy.

Oh, and you could even have all four wheels drive the car for extra safety and traction, especially in bad weather.

Okay, now I'm really reaching. That's just way to bizzarre.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Rear headrests
Probably when Ford intervened Mazda in the assembly of the 6, either they wanted to make the 6 a bit closer to the Taurus (they wish) or to save cost! Whatever the reason is, Mazda really really should consider adding the adjustable headrests on all 3 occupants in the future models.

And for the heated side mirrors, the Canadian models have them as standard equipment.

More improvements:

1. Power adjustable front passenger seat.

2. Illuminated power window switches on ALL switches.

3. Change the red background of the rear tail lights. They're too 2003 Corolla.

More to come!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Definitely agree with everyone about having all options that are offerred in the overseas market offered in the US. I'd definitely love to have the three rear head rests, sidemarkers, navigation system, and front headlight washer nozzles. I personally like the look of the car color coded tail light covers instead of the clear or black housing tails.
Some options I'd like to see come available:
-Alternate interior gauge and console colors.....all blue or white for example
-DVD integrated with the Navigation system
-Car Starter integrated with keyless entry/alarm
-One touch open/close moonroof as well as driver side window(only one touch down)
-If sidemarkers aren't going to be available then somesort of light integrated into the sideview mirrors
-Heated sideview mirrors
-When put car in reverse sideview mirrors tilt down
-When turn the car off the stearing wheel retract inward so you can get in/out of your car easier
-More storage space in glove compartments

·
Registered
510 Posts

All of these improvements or changes sound great.......:D

BUT, if they were going to be implemented, it would increase the price of the car, and probably putting the car out of the range of Most of Mazda's intended customers....

I agree that you guys definitely should get the Rear Headrests though !!,

they are considered an important safety feature these days & they are not an issue with the child restraint connections either, as we have the child restraint connections built into our models in Australia & All our 6 Models have 3 Rear Headrests as Standard...

:)

·
Registered
178 Posts

The hell with the DVD Entertainment sys. I want a DVD NAV sys. This is because my woman alwas gets lost and it will help me find my way home form the bars when I get all tanked up. All we need then is that night eye Sh&$ Cady. has and I will be set:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

here's something that i don't even know if it exists....having autodimming side view mirrors. I really can't stand driving home at night and the glare off the side view mirrors. So so annooying. Aside from that, everything in the aforementioned. All in all tho...i'm pretty happy with my car!

-Yasir

·
Registered
543 Posts

Wow. Lots. Mostly more expensive and Trucks/SUVs.
Just some of them that have them as options or standard (have to check individually if they were standard or not):

Most full-size Trucks and SUVs
Chrysler 300M, Town & Country
most Lexus
Lincoln LS, Continental
most Audis
Toyota Avalon, Sienna
Jaguars
Dodge Grand Caravan
Jeep Liberty, Grand Jerokee
Durango
Envoy, Trailblazer
Olds Bravada
Cadillacs (seville/deville)
LeSabre
Park Ave
most or all Mercedes
most or all BMWs

Like I said, most of these are more expensive vehicles.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I'm not saying to make them standard but give it as an option.
Rear headrests and more visible lighting are safety features for sure. Sideview Markers are a great safety feature for when you merging into a lane, this way the other fool who is trying to get in at the sametime can see you

·
Registered
240 Posts

Originally posted by imammy

here's something that i don't even know if it exists....having autodimming side view mirrors.  I really can't stand driving home at night and the glare off the side view mirrors.  So so annooying.  Aside from that, everything in the aforementioned.  All in all tho...i'm pretty happy with my car!

-Yasir[/b]
That should not be a problem if the side view mirrors are adjusted properly. THe guide is that when you turn you head to directly look at the mirror, the mirror should be adjusted so you only see one paint layer of your car. That apply on both side. Then when your head is steering at the front any reflecting light coming from the side mirror would be projected around your ears (missing your eyes). This set up also maximize the lateral view behind your car. This does not help when a car is immediately next to you in either side lanes. Both if the car is behind yours then this should help.

Try it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

More improvements:

1. High solar energy absorbing tinted glasses for all windows (if not in the current model)
2. Heated steering wheel
3. Rear heater ducts

Summary of improvments so far as of Monday, Feb 10, 2003 to Wednesday, February 12, 2003!

1. NA models - Rear seat adjustable head rests for all 3 occupants
2. NA models - Headlight washer jets
3. NA models - sidemarkers or side mirror turn signals
4. US models - Heated side mirrors
5. US models - DVD integrated with the Navigation system
6. Autodimming mirrors
7. Alternate interior gauge and console colors.....Blue, White, Orange
8. Car Starter integrated with keyless entry/alarm
9. One touch open/close moonroof as well as driver side window(only one touch down)
10. Power adjustable front passenger seat.
11. Illuminated power window switches on ALL switches
12. More efficient engines
13. Memory seating
14. Karakuri seating (one touch fold down rear seat)
15. Larger storage compartment

Thanks for all the inputs!
Please add more!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Improvements'

Aust spec models

reach adjustable steering wheel (not just height)
2 x memory for drivers seat, mirrors etc
delete bloody annoying "beep beep" with ig key in
the V6 at least as an option
sat nav
leather other than black

1 - 20 of 140 Posts