Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help, wanted to see if there was anything i could do before towing to the dealership.

The issue is recently my battery died and wouldn't even jump start, and i believe its the immobilizer as when i stick the key in the ignition and turn to the on position the key/immobilizer light starts blinking rapidly along with a ticking noise under the hood and refuses to even crank.

is there some way to reset or bypass it in the mean time so i don't have to tow it.

Its a 04 atx wagon if that helps

·
Registered
526 Posts
You have a bad battery ... Its got nothing to do with the immobilizer system. When your battery is dead the immobilizer system goes crazy. It's also the same thing with an alarm system as well. The ticking noise you're hearing has nothing to do with the immobilizer either. That's just your starter solenoid trying to engage the starter.

Keep in mind that all an immobilizer system does is protect your car from being driven away. The only way your car will start is with YOUR key only, due to the fact that its got a chip in it. Get your battery changed .... its obviously not working with a jump and your immobilizer system is going crazy. Those are perfect signs of a bad battery.

Good Luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a bad battery ... Its got nothing to do with the immobilizer system. When your battery is dead the immobilizer system goes crazy. It's also the same thing with an alarm system as well. The ticking noise you're hearing has nothing to do with the immobilizer either. That's just your starter solenoid trying to engage the starter.

Keep in mind that all an immobilizer system does is protect your car from being driven away. The only way your car will start is with YOUR key only, due to the fact that its got a chip in it. Get your battery changed .... its obviously not working with a jump and your immobilizer system is going crazy. Those are perfect signs of a bad battery.

Good Luck[/b]
i removed the battery and replaced it with another allready, also the sound was comeing from when i put it on the on position not when i crank it.... moving it to the crank spot would yeild no result. it was first tested with the batery removed and connected to another vehicles battery(terminals off battery, to remove it as a source of problem, voltage tested to 13.7) no effect, battery was recharged and holds a current no effect, battery replaced ....again no effect

i know what the immobilizer does and its point.. but its immobilizing with both keys with a working battery

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never mind got it working, seems i had to fully discharge the system by pulling the neg connector and holding the break for 10 secs

stupid immobilizer was confused for some reason.

·
Registered
781 Posts
never mind got it working, seems i had to fully discharge the system by pulling the neg connector and holding the break for 10 secs

stupid immobilizer was confused for some reason.[/b]
that sounds so weird. is that in the manual, or how did you know to do that???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same method I use to reset the ecu and clear the check engine light(before i got scan gauge). I had assumed not having a battery in the car for a few days would have discharged the system but i guess not.

Something i was told by the mazda mech while he was working on my car for a cel(i was getting one for bad gas over and over). don't think it is in a manual anywhere

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue after a flat battery.

Recharged battery but wouldnt start and the dashboard went crazy with ticking noise as it tried to turn over. Tried another battery same story.

Disconnected battery negative connector, turned key tried to start for 10 seconds (beats me if this doesnt anything but seems to be mentioned above) reconnect negative connector and everything started as normal

edit: Mazda 6, 2007

·
Registered
1 Posts
i removed the battery and replaced it with another allready, also the sound was comeing from when i put it on the on position not when i crank it.... moving it to the crank spot would yeild no result. it was first tested with the batery removed and connected to another vehicles battery(terminals off battery, to remove it as a source of problem, voltage tested to 13.7) no effect, battery was recharged and holds a current no effect, battery replaced ....again no effect

i know what the immobilizer does and its point.. but its immobilizing with both keys with a working battery
Hi..ive got a 2011 mazda 6 2.5. Same problem. Didnt drive the car for 8 months. Now placed a battery in..immobiliser blinks. Car would not start...
Any sifu here with a remedy?
Mazda told me ecu kaput..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts