Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Got it to work.

I tried this which I found on this website:

ACURA AND HONDA SECURITY SYSTEM RESET INFORMATION
Call to the dealer and this was their response: Unlock the car with the key fob then get into the car and close the door. Insert the key into the ignition and turn the key on and wait for 90 seconds.

After approx. 60 seconds the immobilizer light stopped flashing. At 90 seconds the check engine light turned off and back on.

@DrFeelGood @TalonTsi90 , share which fuse was your culprit, it might work for others.
Mine fuse fault was not related to this particular complaint but rather a malfunctioning headlamp.
Sorry.

So the issue has been reoccurring. Last two times the trick posted above fixed it but not now. Car is dead.
Took the battery to have it tested and it passed. Just bought a new Energizer Alkaline battery for the fob and will again a bit later.
Any ideas on what to check? Mechanic that tested the battery said it could be the BCM/ECM.

Can someone please check under the dash, driver's side, upwards of the pedals to see where does this green wire goes?
Looks like a ground wire but maybe for something aftermarket.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Thats NOT factory.

My 6 has been at the shop for a week now. Mechanic took a look at it and the ECU is not communicating.
I also could not connect my BT OBDII reader to it the night it broke down.

My mechanic thinks it could be a loose/corroded wire somewhere, finding it will take time so I decided to not put any pressure on him and let him work on it whenever he has spare time.

I hope he finds the issue before the bill climbs to a point where it is not worth fixing. I've never scrapped a car in my life and definitely don't want this one to be the first. It would be sad to see a perfectly running car with absolutely no issues other than this one, go to the scrapyard.
The irony is that since my son started using it, I recently replaced pads and rotors all around, new exhaust and fixed an oil pan leak.

Mechanic called me last night and said he had found the issue... my son was supper happy to hear that.
Picked it up today, all is good now.

The base/connector for the fuel pump fuse melted. This fuse also feeds the ECU. He replaced it with an aftermarket fuse and fuse holder. They charged me three hours of labor, I know they spent more than that troubleshooting.
Glad to see it running again.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.