Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple weeks ago my car wouldnt start, no click or anything, so i pulled the key out and put it back in and it started and i thought nothing of it. This past Weds, i went to pick up some food for dinner and came back out and now it wont start at all. I replaced the key in the fob since it was about 3 years old, even though it unlocked the doors just fine.

So, the key light stays blinking during this and the TC light stays lit the whole time (this is abnormal to me). I dont know why the fob would just undo it self from the car in 15 mins, so im wondering if its maybe the clutch switch or something else. Car has just under 120k on it.

Should i bother trying to associate it with the car again? I had to buy a new one three years ago and the dealer had to do it with their computer since the normal procedure wouldnt work. Also the door locking has never worked as long as ive owned it.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It was the MPI fuse. I had to pay $100 for the service tech to figure it out. It wasnt burnt all the way through, so visually passed. Fucking $.07 fuse man...
This is good information! This reminds me to always use an instrument to check the condition of the fuses and not just visually inspect it when troubleshooting.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is good information! This reminds me to always use an instrument to check the condition of the fuses and not just visually inspect it when troubleshooting.
Ha, it still worked, just not enough to pass the required current for the starter circuit lol. Really odd situation and dealer felt bad for even charging me but had to cause the tech worked on it for over 45 mins before he found the issue.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Ha, it still worked, just not enough to pass the required current for the starter circuit lol. Really odd situation and dealer felt bad for even charging me but had to cause the tech worked on it for over 45 mins before he found the issue.
What?!? That is really odd! And yes, there's nothing you can do about it but pay for the it since It's his expertise that you actually paid for.

It will be interesting to know how did he find out that it was the "good" fuse that caused that problem.

·
Rally Racer
3,145 Posts
It was the MPI fuse. I had to pay $100 for the service tech to figure it out. It wasnt burnt all the way through, so visually passed. Fucking $.07 fuse man...
Great,but lame at the same time. I had the exact same issue with a fuse in the Kroger parking lot. Visually looked fine but wouldn't pass the beans when asked to. I was convinced it was a current deficiency so I swapping a known good fuse into the spot and voilà.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts