Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have 2014 2.2l diesel and recently the heater began acting up, constantly blowing cold air until eventually beginning to work properly. I brought it to a local garage and while trying to establish what the issue was the car cut out and now will not start. There seems to be an immobilizer related error showing on the computer, however we cannot find any manual override to get the car to start. My second key is in my home, 2 hours away from where I currently am, so I am unable to get it to try and start the car using that.

Has any experienced anything similar or is anyone aware of how to manually override the immobilizer?

Also has anyone experienced a similar issue with their heater, as we didn't manager to establish what it was prior to the car stopping.

Thanks.

484 Posts
Hi,

I have 2014 2.2l diesel and recently the heater began acting up, constantly blowing cold air until eventually beginning to work properly. I brought it to a local garage and while trying to establish what the issue was the car cut out and now will not start. There seems to be an immobilizer related error showing on the computer, however we cannot find any manual override to get the car to start. My second key is in my home, 2 hours away from where I currently am, so I am unable to get it to try and start the car using that.

Has any experienced anything similar or is anyone aware of how to manually override the immobilizer?

Also has anyone experienced a similar issue with their heater, as we didn't manager to establish what it was prior to the car stopping.

Thanks.
Try unplugging your battery for 5 minutes to reset the ECU and try again.

Do you mean that the heater is blowing cold air at first, even if the engine is fully warmed up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had disconnected the battery but perhaps I hadn't left it disconnected quite long enough. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Yes, that's right. The engine is heated but the airflow is cold for a considerable length longer. I thought the thermostat might be stuck open but the fact that it eventually heats means I'm probably wrong on that.

484 Posts
Thanks, I had disconnected the battery but perhaps I hadn't left it disconnected quite long enough. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Yes, that's right. The engine is heated but the airflow is cold for a considerable length longer. I thought the thermostat might be stuck open but the fact that it eventually heats means I'm probably wrong on that.
In that case I have no clue then.. I'd recommend doing some research on the immobilizer. It could also be electrical/battery related rather than the immobilizer.

Maybe your heater core is clogged or something? I mean i'd doubt it.. The engine takes at least 20 minutes to warm up "enough.." probably about 30 for full oil operating temp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to you both for taking the time to respond. I've managed to get the immobiliser overridden and the car is running again.

It seems there may be some damage to the head gasket unfortunately. Strangely enough no issues with idling, lack of power, no burning of oil or anything else to indicate it. Going to have to cut back on the Christmas presents this year it seems haha

484 Posts
Thanks to you both for taking the time to respond. I've managed to get the immobiliser overridden and the car is running again.

It seems there may be some damage to the head gasket unfortunately. Strangely enough no issues with idling, lack of power, no burning of oil or anything else to indicate it. Going to have to cut back on the Christmas presents this year it seems haha
How did you override the immobilizer?
Head gasket damage? Maybe your car is overheating, maybe due to lack of coolant. That would explain why it takes some time to get the heater going .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A friend of my dad is a mechanic and he managed to do a hard override on it. It took him a couple of days to do it so I'm not even sure how he did it in the end.

Never got any warning for overheating, coolant level has never been low so it's not that. I'm back home, 2 hours away from the car, so I can't check if there is any coolant in the engine oil. I did notice that the coolant was bubbling while we were looking into what the issue was, before the immobiliser did its thing. I think it may be a leak between the cylinder and water way which is not what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts