Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm so HAPPY!!!!!

I just ordered my Mazda 6 yesterday night. It's a GT V6 silver FULLLLLLY LOADED!

My salesman called me yesterday and told me every dealership can order a little amount of car (at this one, they had to order 9 Mazda6). So when I heard they have until today to order it, I made a cash down on it. It's the first batch that'll come in Canada.

The production will start in January 2003 and they'll be shipped to dealerships at the end of February 2003. So if you see a Silver Mazda 6 GT V6 in February/March in Montreal, it will probably be me!

On the 9 models, they ordered 1 GT V6 (mine :) :) :) ); 2 GS V6 and 6 GS I4. They didn't even order a GT I4, because it will be too hard to sell it.

The boss there and my salesman were very excited for me : I was the first one to order a Mazda 6.......

COOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I'm so excited'

Congrats dude!! You'll probably be the first one on this board that gets his own V6 :)

ohh.. the agony.. WHERE'S MY HATCH!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts

:D

Congratulations !!!

Jeez, the wait is going to be pure agony....!

November.............December..............January...............February.......

I don't think I could wait that long...
But for a car like this, it's worth it !!! :)

I waited 2 months for mine & I thought that was bad enough ......:sarc

·
Registered
62 Posts

Hey, congrats bud! You've been really helpfull in giving us Canadian details, you deserve the car! ;)
My current car's lease is up in November of next year (2000 Hyundai Tiburon) I will get this car for sure. When do you suggest I should order it? Anybody?

·
Registered
146 Posts

I ordered my Mazda6 last week - in the US.

Mine is Redfire Metallic with Black Leather interior with the V6 and Manual Transmission. Every option except the chrome appearence package and aluminum fuel filler door. They have no clue as to the build date nor delivery at this time.

I had to put $100 US to order it. Good deal, eh? :D

And I too am excited like a little kid. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts

Congrats Mazda6Freak. :p A silver GT V6 with manual transmission is exactly what I had in mind for my next car.

The only trouble is that I currently have to park my car in the street in Centre-Sud (a semi-seedy neighbourhood for those who do not know Montreal) and there is no way I am parking a car that good looking in this neigbourhood.

I've been living here for only a year but my current car has already been scratched three different times and a jackass broke one of my door locks while trying to steal it. Ugh.

I can't wait until I move next year. I have been putting off buying a new car for the last year and I can't wait anymore. On the other hand, I thank god I didn't buy a new car sooner. I might have ended up buying an Accord (please forgive me). At the time, I thought it a close contender to the Protege. Now, I'll give it a test drive just to appease the "rational me" :sarc but I think my mind is already made up.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Mazda 6 Freak, did the dealer say why the GT I4 would be so hard to sell? I may be in the market for that engine with the all the options because I don't really care as much for the HP than the better gas mileage I would get with the 4 cylinder. 160 HP will probably work for me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Posted by Danno

Hey, congrats bud! You've been really helpfull in giving us Canadian details, you deserve the car!  
My current car's lease is up in November of next year (2000 Hyundai Tiburon) I will get this car for sure. When do you suggest I should order it? Anybody?  [/b]
Thanks Danno!!

I think you should order it 3-4 months before just to make sure you'll have what you want, but you know, at that time, it would be good to wait one or 2 months to get the Hatch... Talk with your Hyundai Dealership, they'll let you go for 2 more months, you'll see (I already did that with 2 cars from GM).

Posted by Omega

How much down did you have to put on it?  [/b]
Omega

I did put $500, it's what they ask for in Montreal when you order a car (it doesn't matter, I could of put more, I don't care, I want that car :) )

Posted by Rotule

Congrats Mazda6Freak.  A silver GT V6 with manual transmission is exactly what I had in mind for my next car.

The only trouble is that I currently have to park my car in the street in Centre-Sud (a semi-seedy neighbourhood for those who do not know Montreal) and there is no way I am parking a car that good looking in this neigbourhood.  

I've been living here for only a year but my current car has already been scratched three different times and a jackass broke one of my door locks while trying to steal it. Ugh.

I can't wait until I move next year. I have been putting off buying a new car for the last year and I can't wait anymore. On the other hand, I thank god I didn't buy a new car sooner. I might have ended up buying an Accord (please forgive me). At the time, I thought it a close contender to the Protege. Now, I'll give it a test drive just to appease the "rational me"  but I think my mind is already made up.[/b]
Rotule :

Well, I know what you mean, that's why I bought a house with a garage, so that way, nothing will happen on it (from the stupid neighbourhood - I understand how you feel).

Posted by arock  

Mazda 6 Freak, did the dealer say why the GT I4 would be so hard to sell? I may be in the market for that engine with the all the options because I don't really care as much for the HP than the better gas mileage I would get with the 4 cylinder. 160 HP will probably work for me.  [/b]
Arock:

He told me that because people won't spend $30 000 for an I4 engine with leather seats. for 100 or 200 bucks, they can own a GS V6.

The model that people will buy is the GS I4, not the GT. No leather, base model. Always good for people.

·
Registered
354 Posts

From me to, exelent choise! V6.... I can`t even imagine how much the V6 engine will cost in Norway, probably around 62500 euro.... :(

·
Registered
106 Posts

FYI: In Canada, a maxed-out 4 cylinder GT is $31,760. A maxed-out 6 cylinder GT is $34,160. So a difference of $2400 more for the V6.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Posted by arock

FYI: In Canada, a maxed-out 4 cylinder GT is $31,760. A maxed-out 6 cylinder GT is $34,160. So a difference of $2400 more for the V6.  [/b]

What I meant is that you can have a GT I4 fully loaded for $31,660 and a GS V6 for $31,560 and until today, in Canada, people take a V6 instead of a I4 w/leather, ask any dealership. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts