Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 06 M6.. it has a bose system...no matter how I hook it up it sounds like shit....ive bought 2 LOC's. Tried to hook one up at the head unit, sounded like shit. Hooked it up by the amp it sounded like shit...tried running RCA's from the sub harness striaghtto the amp....sounds like shit. This is where im at now.....stock 8" bose sub has a small harness with 4 wires coming off it(small brown wire=sub preamp + putput, black/red wire = sub preamp - output, big black wire = ground, big blue/red wire = remote wire.....I bought a male into 2 female RCA's, cut the male side off...I soldered the positive wire from one of the rcas to the brown, the other positive wire i soldered to the black/red. Then I twisted the negative wire from both rcas together and soldered them to the black ground. I ran rcas straight from the male rcas I installed to the amp...garbage. I then cut the end off my rca cables and ran them to a LC2i then hooked that up to the amp...it sounds good but not right...this is where I start loosin my shit...after doing all this I found out the whole passenger side of the car is out of phase to the driver...I tried rewireing my harness, still messed up, is it factory like this ...please someone tell me what im doing wrong

·
Rally Racer
3,508 Posts
Well, first of all it was not an epic system to begin with. Second you are dealing with paper speakers that are 15years old now.
If the speakers are out of phase as you state someone must have been mucking about at one point.
I am not sure why you are putting all that stuff inline.
The bose uses 2ohm speakers and a 0.5ohm sub. The signal coming from the head unit is already at a line-out level for the amplifier. Adding a LOC in front of the amplifier is only going to reduce the already low signal even more.
I am not sure why you cut the factory harness wires at the sub to install RCA connectors instead.
I seems like there is a whole lot of semi-random cutting and attaching and re-attaching going on.

Can I ask what it is you are trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good sound that doesn't cut out ..im goin off all these fuckin posts on here....the one I started reading routed me to other posts and made me believe that is how it is being hooked up... I cut it behind the head unit cuz I was gonna hook my old head unit up but decided I like the stock look better. So I started like I did in my other vehicles by hookin up an loc at the head unit....trust me ive learned alot with this car about doing things the right way when it comes to installing...im in the process of making everything look back to factory..taking the pins out of the connector and soldering fresh wire on and what not....so basically what I need to do is take my rcas I cut and ran to the sub harness like a dumb ass...(in my head I kept saying this isnt right, this isnt right.... live and learn right?) anyway...can I just solder the rca ends to the wires by the amp under the seat in between the head unit and bose amp...or what would you suggest

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I wasn't detailed enough sorry...ok I so I first had a shitty LOC that I tried running directly from head unit, sounded really bad, so I took it out and soldered the wires back into the connnector...I tapped RCA's into the sub harness so I could use the signal to an lc2i witch I was told was needed to flatten the single from the guy at foss car audio...so I ran rcas I cut straight into the lc2i then went from the lc2i to my amp, cuz you can boost the single with an lc2i...it makes it sound better then all the other bullshit I did so I figured it was right. Until you drive around and the bass cuts out and it just sounds bad....what wires do I need to grab the single from? There is a sub preamp + output, and a sub preamp - output....witch is right/left? does it matter? Can I solder my cut rcas to the wires under my kickplate at the driver door and then run the male ends to my after market amp?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
First off, you dont EVER need an LOC for a Bose system the HU outputs a clean 20-20 line level signal to the Bose amp. Just grab that right out of the HU and into your new amp or crossover/processor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your help....do you know witch wires i need to tap Into at the head unit? I know in my other vehicles I would tap into the rear speakers but reading shit I learned that the rears arnt always the good speakers to grab it from, it said some cars use the front speakers. Some cars you can use front and rear. Have you ever heard of that?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I prefer to use the rears cause its a pseudo bass knob, but never grab the amplified wires. I dont know off hand, but it should be easy to find the input plug at the amp and grab them there. I cant find a T harness to make it easy on my 3, so im gonna make one with Molex connectors since i have the crimpers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts