Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am used to the old school DSM's. Was hoping Mitsu would make another turbo model but they didnt!!!
I did a little web search and started to look at AWD Turbos. I must say, the Speed6 hardly a car out of a Cracker Jack box. Its got the ritz and power that I needed. I drove it for about a mile and fellin love with it. It's Mica Black with the black inter.

Still have to go though the break-in process so I'll be laying low for awhile. Any meets? Any other Chicago 6's???

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
welcome to the club.

·
Registered
826 Posts
welcome to the club.

The break-in period is always the worst. But its worth the wait. I'm 200 miles shy of complete break-in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have never followed the break in rules, except for not driving at one constant speed. Higher RPM's (not redline) help everything seat better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have never followed the break in rules, except for not driving at one constant speed. Higher RPM's (not redline) help everything seat better.
[/b]
I just picked up my new Black on Black MS6 as well, how long is the break in process? 3000 miles?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, I am used to the old school DSM's. Was hoping Mitsu would make another turbo model but they didnt!!!
I did a little web search and started to look at AWD Turbos. I must say, the Speed6 hardly a car out of a Cracker Jack box. Its got the ritz and power that I needed. I drove it for about a mile and fellin love with it. It's Mica Black with the black inter.

Still have to go though the break-in process so I'll be laying low for awhile. Any meets? Any other Chicago 6's???
[/b]

Ummm? EVO? :drive:

I'm also a DSMer that made the changed. The only reason I didn't get an EVO is that the MS6 has a far greater level of comfort.

Welcome!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome! I'm in the milwaukee area, but I'll actually be downtown chicago tonight for a little action.

Coming from the bike scene, there were a bunch of tests showing that driving the engine hard for the first so many miles is actually better for it. Seats the rings, etc... Drive the thing like you stole it. Just don't keep the throttle in the same position for long periods of time, or in the redline for extended periods.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I'm also a converted DSMer, and pretty much went through the same process you did. The Evo was a little too extreme for me, and I think the size, power, and comfort of the MS6 is the best fit for me.

·
Registered
851 Posts
motors break in within the first 20mins of running. the worst thing you could do it drive your car and baby it within the first 100miles. a proper break in consist of 9 pulls through out the rpm band one at light throttle x 3 one at medium throttle x3 and one wot x 3

for more info google motoman break in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Any meets? Any other Chicago 6's???
[/b]
where in chicago you located? i never had a speed6 but was one of the original 6 owners.

if u wanna meet up with a few speed3's PM me ;)

we're currently setting something soon

·
Registered
706 Posts
Good to hear!! The Evo MR's on our lot are $36,900!! I couldn't have afforded that car with a $10,000 discount. I did break mine in per the owner's manual, which I've never done. I figured it might help the clutch if anything.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on the ride! And welcome to the forum. :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts