Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm going to install LPG or Autogás on my Mazda 6. It's the 1.8lt with 120hp from the year 2003.

I want to know if anyone have done this with a MAzda 6 and if it is working fine.
The problem that can happen with the valves is present on this motor or not?

I'm thinking in installing a Prins Kit and Flashlube.

What's your opinion?

Thanks.

· Registered
745 Posts
Probably quite expensive for LPG... Why would you want to try?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Patrick

My english is not very good but... I don't understand what you mean.

What is expensive?
The instalation of the Kit or the LPG itself???

I'm from Portugal. Here Gasoline cost 1,38/lt and LPG 0,52/lt. What do you thing about this???

Thanks.

· Registered
745 Posts
Hello Patrick

My english is not very good but... I don't understand what you mean.

What is expensive?
The instalation of the Kit or the LPG itself???

I'm from Portugal. Here Gasoline cost 1,38/lt and LPG 0,52/lt. What do you thing about this???

Thanks.[/b]
I think probably trying to convert this car to use lpg would be expensive. I've never heard of it done so I do not personally know for sure. I'm sure your warranty wouldn't be honoured if you do decide to make such a drastic change to the car.

· Registered
39 Posts
There are some drawbacks of using LPG. Higher combustion temperature which shortens engine life, less power (LPG is about 10% less powerful than gasoline), though LPG is cheaper car has worse economy (about 15%). It only makes sense if you are making about 40000 km per year. If not, there is no point of doing this modification.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

Sorry if this is not the right place but I have Mazda 6 2009 with 1.8 gasoline engine. The car was converted to LPG.
I have an issue with the level of the gasoline in the tank. I drive mostly on LPG but the fuel tank level is decreasing. I read that there is dependency in the PCM if the calculation is done by
PCM or IC, But when I use FORSCAN I can not find any option for configuration of this in the PCM. Do you have any idea how can I configure this and remove my issue?

· Registered
3,530 Posts
There was a time when LPG conversion is a fad. Almost every taxi in our place did that. Now, I no longer hear about it. Perhaps it wasn't worth it.

@TalonTsi90 is the guy that comes to my mind whenever I see FORSCAN. Hopefully, he knows exactly what or where is it.

· Registered
8,107 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts