Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap. I found out today that the dealer where I ordered my M6 is now stating a time to delivery of 10-12 months for the hatchback. EXCUSE me??? When I ordered they said 5-7 months. I'm dying here! AHHHHHH.

:wtf

Well, I ordered end of October and actually I thought about getting some nice rims for the summer, but it looks like I should focus on some decent winter tires instead.

I'll call my dealer tomorrow

Please, I guess I need some mental support.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reading Topic: I'm going nuts!!!

A year to order a freakin car, you gotta be kidding me?! Of course this isn't just any car, but still...damn. I thought that my 60-90 day wait was long.

It WILL be well worth your wait!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

There really wasn't any reason to wait THAT long for the hatch. I opted for the sedan. If you're willing to wait that long for just a different way to open the trunk then don't complain. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I'm going nuts!!!'

Originally posted by Kincaid

There really wasn't any reason to wait THAT long for the hatch. I opted for the sedan. If you're willing to wait that long for just a different way to open the trunk then don't complain. :D[/b]
It's more than just a different way of opening the trunk. It's a much more convenient way of opening the trunk. Try stuffing a decent size TV into the trunk of your sedan and you'll know why hatchbacks are, as my friend would say, the bomb diggity. Plus, with the hatchback you don't get a bumper that sticks out too far like the sedan has. For those two reasons (and many smaller reasons such as a rear windshield wiper); I am willing to wait a year (at least for the moment) for the hatchback to come to the US.

EDIT: Besides, my insurance plan doesn't expire until September so if I were to buy a new car before then, I'd be giving about $2500 away to my insurance company.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'I

At least here the hatch is available :p and I need the hatch. Where else should I put all my sports equipment? And saving nearly 8000 bucks is saving nearly 8000 bucks. :D (it's a re-import)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Damn, a year wait. That is going to be tough! Any particular reason why it's so long?

·
Registered
170 Posts

EDIT:  Besides, my insurance plan doesn't expire until September so if I were to buy a new car before then, I'd be giving about $2500 away to my insurance company.[/b]
Are you sure, they should apply it toward your new cars insurance or at least mine did.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The demand is so high. See, I live in Germany. If you order in the Netherlands you can take advantage of the different taxation in each European country. This is due to the fact that the VAT may vary. Only brutto prices for European customers are nearly the same. As long as you stay in your country! Let's say the VAT in the Netherlands is 25% and in Germany it's 16%. If you buy in the Netherlands you pay only the netto price of the car but in return you have to pay the VAT to the German customs which is 9 percent points less. As a lot of people would like to take advantage of this and as there is only a limited amount of cars available in the Netherlands this leads to these long delivery times.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by ZMZMSIX

EDIT:  Besides, my insurance plan doesn't expire until September so if I were to buy a new car before then, I'd be giving about $2500 away to my insurance company.[/b]
Are you sure, they should apply it toward your new cars insurance or at least mine did.[/b][/quote]

Yeah because my insurance for my current car ('95 Saturn SC2) is $2700 for just liability. I've paid about $1200 of it so far. If I were to get a new car right now, I'd have to get full coverage which would be about $5000. Since I'm about half way through my plan, that would get cut roughly in half to about $2500-$2700. So I'd have to pay that within a 6 month span AND THEN pay the full amount when I renew my plan in September.

It's a confusing process to me, but all I know is I'll save about $2500 or so if I wait until I renew my plan to get a car. Part of it also has to do with the fact that my "3 new driver points" will go away since I've gone 3 years since receiving my license without a ticket or accident.

·
Registered
526 Posts

It's more than just a different way of opening the trunk.  It's a much more convenient way of opening the trunk.  Try stuffing a decent size TV into the trunk of your sedan and you'll know why hatchbacks are, as my friend would say, the bomb diggity.  Plus, with the hatchback you don't get a bumper that sticks out too far like the sedan has.  For those two reasons (and many smaller reasons such as a rear windshield wiper); I am willing to wait a year (at least for the moment) for the hatchback to come to the US.[/b]
While what you've said is true - you can probably count the number of times most of us will be moving a TV sized box with a car the during it's lifetime car on one hand. Besides, the next TV I'm getting will require a truck regardless.

Have no idea what you mean with the bumper comment. I'm of the mind (in Duck979's eloquent words); that the hatch has a bubble butt.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

holy sh*t, rob! that's alot of beans for insurance! I was paying about $1100 a year for an accord AND a supra (and I'm not THAT old)......until my *excessive* speeding ticket. But still I pay full coverage quite a bit less than what you pay now with just liability, and that was with 6 points! (like I said, it was an *excessive* speeding ticket ;) ) My points are gone but I had to go the extra feel-good year (3rd) that insurance companies require. Then I should be paying well under $1k per year. How old are you anyway?

·
Registered
262 Posts

I just turned 20 back on Feb 27. I have no accidents, no tickets, but 3 insanely stupid "new driver points" that will go away when I renew my insurance. I know it's a lot of money I'm dishing out. Car insurance in NJ (and NY for that matter) sucks. I'm thinking about following my brother's foot steps and move on out to Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

It's the same bumper on either sedan or hatch. It's required by law. They have to be a certain width, or thickness, to pass safety requirements.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

That is ridiculous. New driver points? Go to PA. It's much better. Believe me, car insurance in DC/MD isn't spectacular either.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by Ruefus

While what you've said is true - you can probably count the number of times most of us will be moving a TV sized box with a car the during it's lifetime car on one hand.  Besides, the next TV I'm getting will require a truck regardless.

Have no idea what you mean with the bumper comment.  I'm of the mind (in Duck979's eloquent words); that the hatch has a bubble butt.[/b]
Yes, you can probably count the number of times on your fingers but the fact is, at least with the hatch you know it's an option. And even still, for those people who are constantly active (whether with sports or whatever) the hatch provides a much more functional trunk. Plus, having a hatch allows you to have full access to the trunk from inside the car without hassle. Sure you can access it in the sedan, but you'd have to fold the seats down.

Originally posted by Kincaid

It's the same bumper on either sedan or hatch. It's required by law. They have to be a certain width, or thickness, to pass safety requirements.[/b]
SEDAN

HATCHBACK

I'm not saying that the bumper is different on the sedan than the hatch. What I'm saying is that the design of the hatch makes the rear bumper stick out less and makes it less noticable. From those pictures I just posted, you can obviously see the difference. Bubble butt? I don't think so. Practically flush with no excessive bumper overhang? Yeah, pretty much.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'I'm going nuts!!!'

Now that I look at them like that, I like the sedan better. That is the first I've been able to compare them like that, thanks!

·
Registered
980 Posts

This kind of a different topic. But I was wondering, why doesn't Mazda just include the Euro style side marker instead of that ugly amber light on the bumper?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

America :D You must have exactly the same standards as in Europe, but they are totaly incompatible... Placement of turn signals, betamax ect :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts