Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need an outlet! I know posts that just say "I'm so excited" add no value but to hell with it. I ordered a glacier silver 6s with just sport package and automatic, and it's scheduled to be here at the end of April.

There's got to be someone who's as crazy as I am. I literally have had dreams about driving the car. I surf this board when I'm at work. I scour the web for reviews and read over and over again the Automobile magazine which brands the 6 as an All-Star. I bug the dealer for updates. I'm considering going to any dealer this weekend and "test-driving" it just so I can satiate myself.

Maybe it's because it's my first car purchase. Maybe it's because you guys are so enthusiastic about it. Whatever it is, I was never even this excited for Christmas as a kid. I can't go one hour without thinking about it. I'm not exaggerating. I ache. God I'm so pathetic.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!'

looks like you got the 6 crazeey syndrome

don't worry....i'm sure we all been at it at one point.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, that's an absolutely normal behaviour. Especially when it's your first car purchase. Even though it's hard to endure the wait is the most fun part about it. It's like being a little kid waiting for Christmas. My colleagues at work for example are asking me all the time when it's gonna come and the only reply I have is:'I don't know, I hope soon'. This week I saw a M6 in my color, which is titanium grey btw, standing sparkling in the sunlight. Man, that moment I wanted the car so much. I was walking around and lurking into it like a thief.

All I can say is that you're not alone. :)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Don't worry I'm doing the same thing. I work the midnight shift and have nothing to do so I constantly search the net as I wait for my car, which is also due in April. I ordered a lapis blue 6s 5spd fully loaded on jan.31 when did you order yours?

·
Registered
70 Posts

L0053R!! Hahaha.. I'm just kidding. I felt EXACTLY the same way you do, minus the dreaming part, and did the same things you're doing. It's well worth the wait, you will not be disappointed. 'til then, have fun with it, in your dreams. :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by DRAGONS6

Don't worry I'm doing the same thing.  I work the midnight shift and have nothing to do so I constantly search the net as I wait for my car, which is also due in April.  I ordered a lapis blue 6s 5spd fully loaded on jan.31 when did you order yours?[/b]
Dragon, you've got exactly the same thing coming that I do. And I believe my dealer ordered around the same time. Question is, did your dealer originally tell you April? I was told I'd receive mine last week, but two calls to MazdaUSA confirmed that the ETA was 2nd week of April.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Dragon I ordered my car in late February. My dealer scared me last week when I called to get an update and he told me mid to late MAY! After hanging up and shaking my head in disbelief, I called him again and asked him to re-check.

Turns out he thought I ordered an RX-8 and gave me the wrong date(?!). My 6 is coming in late April (in a month!).

Anyway, I woke up this morning and literally the first thought that popped into my head was about my car. Oy I need relief.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

I don't have mine coming until end of May or early June. :( I'm also without a car since my writeoff. And you think you're going crazy.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Oh and I have an HID kit ready to install as soon as it gets here. And like two shows to enter it in June. It's going to be the only one on the island with leather and the bodykit. That's pretty unique.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by Rydmcalboy

I just need an outlet!  I know posts that just say "I'm so excited" add no value but to hell with it.  I ordered a glacier silver 6s with just sport package and automatic, and it's scheduled to be here at the end of April.

There's got to be someone who's as crazy as I am.  I literally have had dreams about driving the car.  I surf this board when I'm at work.  I scour the web for reviews and read over and over again the Automobile magazine which brands the 6 as an All-Star.  I bug the dealer for updates.  I'm considering going to any dealer this weekend and "test-driving" it just so I can satiate myself.

Maybe it's because it's my first car purchase.  Maybe it's because you guys are so enthusiastic about it.  Whatever it is, I was never even this excited for Christmas as a kid.  I can't go one hour without thinking about it.  I'm not exaggerating.  I ache.  God I'm so pathetic.[/b]
I feel the same way as you. Although, I haven't placed an order yet. Hopefully, I will be placing it within the next two weeks. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

We've all been there. Heck, I spent several hours a day on the web after I ordered the car. (And before also, once I got the news of it coming).

The 6 wasn't my first new car. But it was the most exciting wait ever. I've never been as turned-on by a car as I'm by this one. Still am, after five months...

It's hell waiting. But it sure is worth it! :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

The 6 is not going to be my first car neither but it will be a big step up from my current car. Plus it's soooo much fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It sure is. I'm still trying to find a reason every day to drive it just for fun... :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to get one soon, so I too can come up with stupid excuses. :p

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I need to get some fresh air.

Like you get that in a car!!! :)[/b]
Good excuse, wrong car.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts