Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Mazda 6 and this light comes on... What I do notice is that 2nd gear revs to a high rpm before shifting and it turns off use of the standard mode. I do the common look around trans fluid level is good. No leaks etc. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same problem in my 2008 Mazda 6. It throws codes saying my solenoid B is stuck open after my AT light comes on. I don’t have 2nd gear, and it revs as soon as it tries to go in 4th and 5th gear. Can only drive in 1st, and then to 3rd. We switched all of the solenoids to brand new ones, and it’s still happening. What else could be the issue that I need to change?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would bet that your trans oil pressure switch is faulty - probably clogged up with debris. That is what happened to my 2010 Mazda 6 GT I recently. My car went into fail safe mode when trying to accelerate up a slope on a highway. The transmission basically shut off and my engine revved but would not accelerate. I managed to return home safely and take it in to a transmission shop. I was back on the road the next day with a low repair bill and a newly cleaned oil pressure switch. Transmission runs as good as new. My Mazda has over 150000 kms and I have owned it and cared for it since new. Good luck with your diagnosis and repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts