Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've owned this 6 since new in August 2003. It is a daily driver. It has been quite literally my favorite car that I have ever owned!

Mods: AEM CAI, 18" ASA AR1 Silvers shod with 225/45-18 Michelin Primacy MXM4, Racing Beat exhaust, springs, sways and rear links, Bilstein HD's, CP-e lower mount and the XCarLink iPod Integration Kit . (pics are pre-springs, click me: pic since springs)

I was hoping that the gen 3 6 would return to it's roots from a driving standpoint. Sadly, while I found the new styling to be a positive point, the rest of the car simply did not impress. The new four was willing, but raspy in the upper revs. And the car is still simply too damn big! I always found the 1st gen 6 to be just right...especially from the standpoint of driving dynamics. The new car has done nothing to curb its size. Maybe an efficient V6, or turbo four option could have swayed me, but alas there is no such option. My car still brings on a smile especially when the going gets curvy. It has always had an undeniable appeal and a perfect balance between sport and comfort that the two consecutive generation 6's simply cannot replicate. It was and always will be the poor man's (read: smart person's!) BMW E46!

As for this car? It has now been not so gracefully handed down to my son for graduating college. I have owned this car for ten years as of August 2013. I can say with an honest and heavy heart that I am going to miss it! I have replaced it with a 2013 Acura TSX SE. It is a nice car. I some ways nicer than my old 6, but, most importantly, it is the only car that came close to my 6 in overall appeal to me. While I continue to miss the torque of my 6's V6, I am becoming reacquainted with Honda's magical high revving screams!

My son has already said that he'll likely be replacing the god-awful stock headers on it as his first mod. I might just have to take it back from him if he does! Lol!!! He is also planning to replace the wheels down the road. At least it is still in the family. I might just have to hold onto the spare key...just in case I get the urge to borrow it! :)
So, goodbye for now. No matter where I go, or what I'll be driving, I am zoomnbyu! :seeya:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
nice, needs sport grill and clear sidemarkers FTW.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i like everything besides the chrome piece on the trunk, im not a huge fan of chrome, but besides that looks good.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like everything besides the chrome piece on the trunk[/b]
Yeah. I was not sure about that one when I did it, but it actually makes the rear look wider (which is what I wanted). It was kind of tall looking before. I think the Redfire color had alot to do with that (red tail lights, Redfire everything else plus the spoiler!). It actually looks better since I put the Racing beat mufflers on it, too. Besides, I'm kind of an old guy in this forum. I wanted a little chrome to keep it from being too "boy-racer". It's weird, though. Ten years ago it would have been bodycolor all the way. Oh my god! I'm becoming my Dad!!! :laugh:

Thanks for the comment!!! :)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
i like everything besides the chrome piece on the trunk, im not a huge fan of chrome, but besides that looks good.
[/b]

I think I've already become my dad! I'm just recently a grandfather and a new Mazda6s owner. You've picked my favorite color :laugh:

I like the wheels, was considering the ASA black center wheels also, I'm still undecided between the silver and black ones.

Sorry, but I don't agree about the chrome trunk trim. The rear of the 6 does look kind of tall but I like the clean look of no chrome trim. The mufflers are interesting, what's the noise level like compared to the stock ones?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mufflers are interesting, what's the noise level like compared to the stock ones?
[/b]
You do know that they are there, but it is pretty subtle. It's very clean and mellow sounding - not raspy like some of the other stuff out there. My wife gave them to me for Xmas last year. Click here for more info: Racing Beat muffler set

Oh yeah - and I was torn between the black and silver on the wheels, too. I decided against the stealthy look and that I wanted the wheels to "pop". The wheels look better clean. I too these pics this AM and the car has not been washed for almost a week.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Do you have a more recent post of your car with the racing beat springs?

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (Silver05_M6 @ Jun 10 2007, 10:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1035589
Do you have a more recent post of your car with the racing beat springs?[/b]
+1 on the RB springs.
I know that this is a rather old thread.... but I'm currently on the fence between the RB's and Espelir springs.
Both I've used before on other rides. If I like the drop that the RB springs give... then I'll give them a shot. :drive:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts