Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! I finally got my down payment money settled and walked into the dealership this morning to start haggling on prices. I had already been shopping at toerh dealers but this dealer had the exact car I wanted. The car is:

Mazda 6s w/
- Sports Package
- Leather Seats
- Comfort Package w/ heated seats and mirrors
- Power Moonroof
- Autodimming mirror w/ Homelink
- Silver Metallic

The sticker was $25,4xx and a little haggling with the dealer I got them down to $23,300!! Almost $300 over invoice. I felt this was fair and decided to finalize the paperwork and loan information. If all goes well it will be mine on Monday! Besides I will even get an extra $500 from Mazda for student discount!

However.. This just makes me think that these dealers must be getting an awesome kickback on these cars otherwise they wouldnt let a hot car like this go for so little over invoice... Anyone know? A friend of mine whoworks for mazda said theres a Factory to Dealer incentive of near $3,000...

Just my $0.02!

_Abs

·
Registered
262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I'm Finally getting my 6!!'

What area do you live in? I'm just asking to see if it's a dealer around me.

Also, how much was your down payment (if you don't mind me asking)? I know it's really none of my business, but I'm sure the amount of your down payment had a lot to do with why the dealer sold it for that price. The more guaranteed money they receive right upfront, the more they're willing to shave off the price because they're still making money regardless. When I went to possibly purchase one, I told them I was willing to put $5000 down on a Lapis Blue 6s that was similarly equipped to yours (btw, is yours AT or MT?) for $26,435 and I was only able to haggle them down to $25,000 before declining that offer.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I live in Omaha, NE area...

My down payment was going to be around $5000 too, bringing my financed amount to around $18,000... Its an automatic transmission btw.

Well they told me the lowest they would possibly go on the car was $23,700 (after only taking $500 off the MSRP price of $25,4xx saying thats the best it gets for such a deamanding car... If its soo demanding in this area, why are there still 22 on the lot? :) ). To this he had no answer, but I had already had an offer for the same car for $23,100 without the homelink autodim mirror and compass...

I told them that I have a better deal down the road and would go there instead... They played the old dealer trick and let me walk out the door before saying.... Oh.. we're just kidding come back in here and lets talk... So they let me have it for $23,374 with the homelink mirror and only charged $89 for documentation fees and gave me the lowest financed rate possible. All in all i think I got a really good deal!

Maybe talk to some of the dealers down here... you could probably save a couple thousand and get it transported to where you live would probably only cost an extra $560-$600.. Might be worth it in the long run..

_Abs

·
Registered
262 Posts

That's definitely a very good deal. I might look into dealerships from other states like you said if the dealerships here don't start loosening up and lowering their prices. Living here in NJ, I have to take insurance into serious considersation when buying a car, and since the lowest insurance plan I can get costs $3800 a year (I'm 19 with no tickets or violations); the more money I can shave off of the final price, the better.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well I'm 21 with no tickets but 1 accident.. and full coverage insurance with $500 deductibles was around $1100 every 6 months...

The thing thats going to kill me is that here in Nebraska they charge a Personal Property tax... Its some exorment amount and TTL is going to cost me $2100!!!! argghhh If it wasnt for that I could put a bigger downpayment on it, but nothing is worse than having to finance TTL..

_Abs

·
Registered
468 Posts

congrats. make sure to take pics

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

congrats, that is a great deal! i think thats one of the best deals so far from members on the board except for those of us who got the S plan (me!)

G

·

hey choppa boy, did you have any problem getting the s-plan pricing on the 6, what model was it on, i know that it is up to the individual dealers but did you have to shop around to find one that would take it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reading Topic: I'm Finally getting my 6!!

i wonder how much i can get the SIX in Vancouver CANADA fpr...hmmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.