Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealer to get my brakes looked at. I don't know what's wrong but the brakes aren't just squishy (like the Camry. Bam!) but the pedal feels gravelly sometimes and is squeaking. I don't know if it's the master cylinder like others have talked about or the brakes are cooked but it definately isn't right. 21000 miles seems like an awfully short lifespan but my old Mitsu Galants both had their brakes cooked at 20k so maybe it's not. But the rental car...it's a Camry. :huh: :barf: The ride is really freakin soft, got that ghost steering thing going on and a 4 cyl auto to boot. How in the hell do people drive these things? Ack. Although it was either that or a Corolla or a Tundra. I should have got the truck. :D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The Camry has the sport look but I don't think it was ever meant to be a true sport sedan.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Camry has the sport look but I don't think it was ever meant to be a true sport sedan.
[/b]
Oh, it's worse than that, it's an LE (super duper base model) and it's a 2005, it's not even a 2006. Think one of these:

:zzz:

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
Oh man, I fell asleep looking at that picture...

The only thing to make that car more of a SNOOZER is if it's tan...

·
Registered
915 Posts
but can you drift a camery...?

only one way to find out... :yesnod:

drive it like a rental!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
A moment of silence for my man Kevin, he'd died and gone to Toyota Hell!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Video Camera, Empty Parking Lot, Bleach, and some beer :D
[/b]
Ohhh, I like! :D

Oh man, I fell asleep looking at that picture...

The only thing to make that car more of a SNOOZER is if it's tan...
[/b]
Actually it's a bright red. But it doesn't help, looking at it is like taking a Vicodin and a couple of Valium while listening to Chuck Mangione. *That* boring.

A moment of silence for my man Kevin, he'd died and gone to Toyota Hell!!
[/b]
Hey, it does have this neat little O/D Off button on it that gives it like an extra, what, 1/9th of a HP? Woo, the excitement! :zzz: :D But hey, at least I'll be able to stop this weekend at Mohican, that might be a good thing... :laugh:

·
Registered
531 Posts
You have my condolences :p Where's ZoomZoomDiva? Can't wait for him to chime in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One good thing a Camry can do: freeway cruiser.

I had to drive from Minneapolis to Denver and back over a weekend. Left on Friday and returned by Sunday night. Comfortable interior; good HVAC; decent enough powertrain and good sound system. Handling wasn't that critical -- Interstate through Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado is pretty boring in its flatness and straightness. Typically cruised at 75-85 mpg (averaged over 60 mph -- including fuel, food and rest stops) and averaged over 32 mpg.

But for around town driving it was a load.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,571 Posts
They should have given you one of these. You would have been :yesnod: :yesnod:
[/b]
I drove an Accord before, because a few of my friends have them. The 4-cyl version is a sleeper, but the V6 is pretty quick. They handle pretty well, but not with the willingness to take off like the 6 does.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
My sincerest condolences for your loss (of fun).

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Where is Diva? I could've sworn he'd comment on this thread. Come to think of it, he didn't comment on his bday thread either, did he? Do we have to put out a Diva search party?

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you think that's bad, you haven't had a Ford Taurus or a Chevy Impale-ya for a rental before. Talk about sleepy. I'll take a Camry over either of those any day. Step on the gas in a Taurus and the car practically says "NO!".

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I've had a Camry as a rental before, one like the one in that picture, I think it was a base V6. It wasn't really a bad car, but I just didn't like it at all. All the controls were too light and the suspension was too soft.

I've also had a Taurus as a rental a couple times before too, and I liked it a lot better than the Camry. The one I got had the crappy ohv V6 with 155hp, as opposed to the dohc V6 with 200hp, and it still felt quicker than the 192hp Camry. It was much nicer to drive, the controls were much better weighted.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not only is the Camry a rather boring car, but it is as common as a McDonald's restaurant. I swear I counted at least ten to fifteen of the 2002-2006 Camrys when I stood around for a few minutes downtown.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts