Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around on the forums for a few weeks now, but I've only now just decided to post my first time. Here's my story:

I went into a local dealer a fews ago, eyeing the MS3's. The salesperson I was dealing with wouldn't allow me to terst drive an MS3, but he tossed me the keys to an MS6, to which he mentioned enormous incentives were offered on the car. I took an 06' GT for a spin and decided I must have one. Damn salesman successfully disuaded me. I'm damn glad he did. After the weekend, I got an acceptable quote from my insurance provider, so I went down Monday and picked up an 06' Sport w/ 30 miles on the odometer. The car was about 25,000 after TT&L. I bought an extended warranty, and walked out the door paying 27,000. I think I'm into my fourth week of ownership. Not a bad car at all. I'm a fan. There are a few annoyances, such as some rattles in the interior, and the stereo system is really only subpar. Otherwise, it's quite a blast to drive. It's very refined, but a real beast when you need it to be. By-the-way, my previous daily driver was an 02' Neon, so I've step a notch in refinement. :D

Thanks for reading and welcoming me into your community,

Collin

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The Whitewater pearl was my first choice but for the price i got mine for and because the dealer I worked with (suburban in farmingon hills, MI) i ended up getting the liquid platinum. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Looks good man I underestimated the White color....Welcome to the club

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations! i love the white speed6's... just wish i could find one.

But on a side note i think the dealer might have overcharged you a bit for an 06 sport, although i don't know how much TT&L is but my dealer said he can get me in an 07 gt for 27k before tt&l.

So i have no idea how much to expect TT&L to be but unless it's at least a few grand i think you might not have gotten as good of a deal as you could have.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations! i love the white speed6's... just wish i could find one.

But on a side note i think the dealer might have overcharged you a bit for an 06 sport, although i don't know how much TT&L is but my dealer said he can get me in an 07 gt for 27k before tt&l.

So i have no idea how much to expect TT&L to be but unless it's at least a few grand i think you might not have gotten as good of a deal as you could have.[/b]
Yeah...
Well tax will obviosuly vary from region to region, but I believe I payed about 6%. I bought the car in Dallas county. So tax was roughly $1,500. Then, they tack on all that other junk which'll push it up a few hundred more. I recieved $5,500 off the window sticker, which I think was about $29,000.

If you could recieve an 07 GT for 27K, expect to pay appx $2,000 for TT&L, and then any additional expenses such as an extended warranty would apply.
I payed 1,800 for a warranty extension to 7 years/100,000 miles.
Ahhh I thought it was a pretty fair deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
congrats on the car! Assuming that you don't need a front plate, when are you planning on heading back to the dealership to kick them in the nuts for putting holes in your front bumper?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice color choice for me it was WWP or nothing. I was also interested in the ms3, but disuaded as well. It was really a no brainer for me, AWD was a big reason for the change of heart. It also helped that some of the additional options on the ms3(GT version) are standard equipment on the sport ms6(HID's etc..). Not to mention the ms3 isn't available in white. Welcome to these forums, I don't post much here but I love reading, these people are full of useful information. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Welcome, nice to see another WWP :love:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Hey! Titanium Gray FTW!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My first choice was the White as well, my husbands STI is Aspen White. I love it. When I drove the Speed6 White I saw a color difference between the body of the car and the bumper, I know it has to do with the different materials, but I could not get by it.

Welcome to the club, it looks great!!!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
congrats on the car! Assuming that you don't need a front plate, when are you planning on heading back to the dealership to kick them in the nuts for putting holes in your front bumper?[/b]
Ha!! That's really hilarious. Yes, it is quite upsetting they drilled holes into my bumber. However, Texas state law does require a front end mounted lincense plate. Needless to say, I've removed my bracket, exposed the holes, and don't plan on mounting a plate up front when I get them. I've driven around for years w/o a front plate with no problems, so I don't see a reason to start now.

What part of TX you in? I'm in the North Dallas area ..

Crowley[/b]
I live in north/east Denton.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome aboard! Hot dang, another WWP!!!
:yesnod:

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I first test drove the MS6, I drove a Black Cherry. When I came back the second time (later that day) the salesperson drove around a WhiteWater Pearl that had been hidden somewhere in the back.

It was love at first sight. :love:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Loving my Whitewater pearl also!! (except now it looks a little brown with all the snow!!)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Another beautiful MS6! Welcome to the club!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts