Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Touring none of the switches (windows, door lock/unlock) are illuminated except the driver window. I saw a North America marketing photo of the GT model with illuminated switches. Can anyone with a GT confirm this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The only switch illuminated is the drivers, from what i've read in past posts. Making only that switch lit was a "cost-cutting measure" for Mazda NA.

Also, that photo is not for the US, possibly Canada though. It's not MPH.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That is not a N/A spec Mazda6.

All new 2015 Mazda 6's get one touch up/down for all windows with lit switches on all the doors.

·
Super Moderator
17,099 Posts
Right..but that's not going to stop any of us from snagging those switches when they are available. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What he said. Auto-up/down for all windows would be a nice addition, though it's not necessary for me until the parts are cheap.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's crazy how there are options we just don't get in N/A. I would have liked the motorized colapsing side view mirrors (Japan gets them). The window and door lock switches lighted would have been nice, and I always wondered why we didn't get auto up/down on all windows. My neighbors Kia has them! You figure for $30K large for a GT I could forgo SCBS for the options listed above. I mean, really?!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's crazy how there are options we just don't get in N/A. I would have liked the motorized colapsing side view mirrors (Japan gets them). The window and door lock switches lighted would have been nice, and I always wondered why we didn't get auto up/down on all windows. My neighbors Kia has them! You figure for $30K large for a GT I could forgo SCBS for the options listed above. I mean, really?!
Agreed!!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Auto up/down on all four windows is one of man's greatest achievements. If I had to list things I miss most about my Speed6, auto up/down X 4 is definitely at the top of that list.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah, I honestly don't care that the only the drivers window is illuminated, but the door lock/unlock really should be. it's not terribly safe to have that dark.

Probably the only thing that really bugs me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will never understand when a manufacturer releases a new generation of a model and removes features found on the previous gen. I really want a new 6, but my 2010 3 has features it doesn't - and its MSRP was about $5k lower!

D

·
0 Posts
I would have been happier with auto up/down & lit window switches than the back up camera.

·
Registered
206 Posts
^^^ the back up camera for me is killer tech. I love it! This is my first car with one. I could do without superfluous technology like SCBC. The money it took to develop the laser and other tech associated with it seems wasted for me. It's like that's the "texting while driving security blanket". IMHO, if you're going between 5-18 MPH you should be able to react to just about anything.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Auto up/down, back up camera, heated seats, and HID's should be standard on every vehicle over 25k. Especially standard on anything that is labeled with a tech package...what a joke mazda

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
BU cameras will end up a federal safety equipment mandate at some point anyway.

I doubt it will matter by then, though, because it is slowly becoming standard equipment anyway.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Auto up/down, back up camera, heated seats, and HID's should be standard on every vehicle over 25k. Especially standard on anything that is labeled with a tech package...what a joke mazda
Agreed..Especially the illuminated switches. That is a ridiculous omission. Not having fog lights on the touring trim is just as bad considering the last generation had it included I believe. The wiring is already there. I would take fogs and lighted switches over the useless commander knob any day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
746 Posts
I wonder how the newer years will change with what is standard. To me the :eek:ther" things are items that the dealer wants you pay extra for. Yet, there really isn't much I wanted from the GT...esp. because I wanted the MT.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wonder how the newer years will change with what is standard.
I remember reading that the "Advanced Keyless Entry System" is now standard on 2015s, which makes me a very jealous 2014 owner.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I remember reading that the "Advanced Keyless Entry System" is now standard on 2015s, which makes me a very jealous 2014 owner.
Yeah, I read this too. Not happy considering I just picked up mine last week... Would have waited if I didn't need the car immediately!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts