Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,500 Posts
Finally catching up here.

TSBs are public information and include all coverage details. While I don't expect everyone to read every TSB on a car before purchasing, it's absolutely not Mazda's fault you failed to do so.

5 minutes on this website would have told you about the wind noise problem, pointed you at the TSB, and shown you that the car you were looking at was out of warranty for it. Don't be upset hearing the facts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are these kind of threads on every forum, every manufacturer.

Yes, Mazda is a business out to make money. No, their response wasn't unreasonable or rude given you're just some random guy with a used car out of warranty. Going to a dealer would make more sense in this case anyway, since they have to perform the repair. If they want to good will the repair, that's on them.

Reactions: GerryB

·
Registered
595 Posts
The TSB was issued in 2018, so all of the 14's, and most of the 15's, would be out of warranty anyway.
You have a point here. I'd go back to Mazda and have them explain what is the purpose of a TSB that cannot be applied to the vehicles it is intended for.
I agree with most people here, I don't think their response was rude. Keep in mind that Mazda has no obligation to fix a vehicle that is out of warranty (unless is a recall) so be nice and you might get somewhere with them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Another says, "make money and survive." From April to June Mazda made just under 300 million dollars, over one year's time, that is $1.2 billion in profit. Even if they repaired every single 2016 Mazda 6 in the USA and it cost them $300 a car that would have been about $13.6 million
Revenue is not the same as profit buddy.

Did you take the car for a test drive? How did you not notice the excessive wind noise? Do your due diligence next time you buy a used car. Chalk this one up to a big L

Also, the original TSB was issued much earlier than 2018.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Revenue is not the same as profit buddy.

Did you take the car for a test drive? How did you not notice the excessive wind noise? Do your due diligence next time you buy a used car. Chalk this one up to a big L

Also, the original TSB was issued much earlier than 2018.
You aren't wrong here. Between the going and driving cars and researching everything about them, even with no life, it's exhausting and so time consuming. I guess I'll start my search 6 months in advance next time. :spin: I'm not sure that would be enough time.
I mean there is no way to know everything, or drive in all conditions, and on every road type. Maybe this is REALLY why dealers don't let overnight or weekend test drives~! A little thing I just learned today, Mazda start became available in 2016.

However... if they issued an earlier TSB, why did they issue a new one? Did the first one not work? Or cover these same parts? That doesn't make me feel any better! :eek:

Looks like previous owner also did not update navigation maps

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have nosympathy for the OP. None. This is not a safety issue. This is a nuisance.

Once upon a time, before the internet, we actually had to physically test cars and we had no outside data that really benefitted the process. Not only that, cars built before the 2000's were absolute junk. The only good cars were Camry's (UGH, boring grampa cars). Pretty much everything built/designed in NA was garbage. Safety flaws were barely dealt with, never mind such minor stuff as wind noise.

Am I far too upset about this? Sure. But, can we actually all collectively grow a set of whateveryouprefertocallyours and quit bitching on the internet over buyer's remorse. You bought a car you thought you would like but you don't. We get it. Move on.

Reactions: ocramida

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have nosympathy for the OP. None. This is not a safety issue. This is a nuisance.

Once upon a time, before the internet, we actually had to physically test cars and we had no outside data that really benefitted the process. Not only that, cars built before the 2000's were absolute junk. The only good cars were Camry's (UGH, boring grampa cars). Pretty much everything built/designed in NA was garbage. Safety flaws were barely dealt with, never mind such minor stuff as wind noise.

Am I far too upset about this? Sure. But, can we actually all collectively grow a set of whateveryouprefertocallyours and quit bitching on the internet over buyer's remorse. You bought a car you thought you would like but you don't. We get it. Move on.

Agreed except GM and Chrysler Fiat is still producing unreliable crap to this day.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ford makes the most junk it is just the sheer volume that people buy that prevent the stats from looking worse. Far too many people blinded by the blue. Chevy has made the best trucks since the mid 2000's, ask anyone that works on them. Chrysler (FIAT) still hands down makes the best diesel pickups. The "Powerjoke" steals so much money there should be weekly class action suits.

To me, they are ALL junk.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have nosympathy for the OP. None. This is not a safety issue. This is a nuisance....

You bought a car you thought you would like but you don't. We get it. Move on.
The car is pretty good; how 'bout now just concentrating on "fixing" elements on it that bug you. In this life decisions, and indeed, nothing in life, is perfect.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm with you. I bought mine because it's hard to find anything with a MT. I bought it brand new in 09. One of the first things I noticed what that there was a clanking noise when I hit the breaks after changing directions, R to F for example. I took it to the dealer. They told me "this is what you need and it will cost $xx." I also noticed a paint blemish on the hood and noticed the there was problems shifting. Told me the paint isn't their problem. They tried doing something with the shifter and that didn't work.

·
Super Moderator
17,500 Posts
You aren't wrong here. Between the going and driving cars and researching everything about them, even with no life, it's exhausting and so time consuming. I guess I'll start my search 6 months in advance next time. :spin: I'm not sure that would be enough time.
I mean there is no way to know everything, or drive in all conditions, and on every road type. Maybe this is REALLY why dealers don't let overnight or weekend test drives~! A little thing I just learned today, Mazda start became available in 2016.

However... if they issued an earlier TSB, why did they issue a new one? Did the first one not work? Or cover these same parts? That doesn't make me feel any better! :eek:

Looks like previous owner also did not update navigation maps
Starting a look for cars in advanced is what every potential owner should do, and the research doesn't take 6 months.

For Example.

I especially like this link: http://www.mazdaproblems.com/models/mazda6/ - There's a stupid amount of information on all the recalls, TSBs, etc for every year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Starting a look for cars in advanced is what every potential owner should do, and the research doesn't take 6 months.

For Example.

I especially like this link: Mazda MAZDA6 Problems and Complaints - Mazda Problems - There's a stupid amount of information on all the recalls, TSBs, etc for every year.
Thanks for the link.

How exactly does one start a search in advance of the search? :wink2:

I am always up for learning. How long should it take?

·
Super Moderator
17,500 Posts
Thanks for the link.

What's the first thing most people in our time do before going to a new restaurant?

1) Google it.

2) Check if it's still open/available.

3) Check the menu/prices.

4) Check the reviews.

Car shopping should be no different except replace number 3 with 'Check the recalls/known issues.' and insert a number 5 for 'Test Drive It at LEAST Once.'

·
Registered
941 Posts
Byakuya, would it surprise you to know I am born/bred in good ole Worcester? Might that explain my lack of tact and civility, LOL!!!!

Anyhow, that is good advice. It is easy to find this stuff out, literally should take less than 5 minutes to find out all the bad things about any car with a good internet connection.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I especially like this link: Mazda MAZDA6 Problems and Complaints - Mazda Problems - There's a stupid amount of information on all the recalls, TSBs, etc for every year.
Thanks for that link, Byakuya. I hadn't seen that.

Thanks for the link.

cheesehead, so that you don't feel isolated about this matter, I want to let you know that I'm with you on what you've posted on this thread for the reasons you describe in the OP and beyond. Thanks for telling your story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
What's the first thing most people in our time do before going to a new restaurant?

1) Google it.

2) Check if it's still open/available.

3) Check the menu/prices.

4) Check the reviews.

Car shopping should be no different except replace number 3 with 'Check the recalls/known issues.' and insert a number 5 for 'Test Drive It at LEAST Once.'
Thanks for that link, Byakuya. I hadn't seen that.

cheesehead, so that you don't feel isolated about this matter, I want to let you know that I'm with you on what you've posted on this thread for the reasons you describe in the OP and beyond. Thanks for telling your story.
Thank you, that was kind.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The TSB did not fix the issue. My girl's 2017 Hyundai Accent has less wind noise!

AND I cannot update navigation SD card...tried with two computers and two browsers.

Finally I am only getting 31.4 mpg according to onboard computer on almost all highway driving.

·
Registered
941 Posts
SOunds like it's time to trade in for a Hyundai Accent?!?!?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts