Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I probably would've gone with a 2018 Accord Touring or the new 2019 Avalon XLE if my 6 wasn't around at purchase a year ago.

I love my 6, but when I was looking last year, I really wanted a Tesla Model 3, but there was still the waiting list (kind of) and they only had the $50k models available to purchase. I wasn't interested in spending that kind of money on a car with no real reliability history and that much on the bleeding edge.

So, if I had the money to spend, and didn't have to worry about losing it on an unreliable vehicle, I'd be driving something like a Model S or Model 3. I'm a perfect candidate for an electric vehicle because I work from home full time and my radius of driving is very small. I'm sure I'm not doing my 2.5T any favors with all the short mileage driving, but that's my life right now. I'm trying to take it out for a little bit longer drives as much as possible to help it out. Maintenance on an electric would be almost nothing for me.
I recently moved much closer to work; 8 minute commute. If it wasn't for outings with friends, I could easily go weeks without getting on a freeway now because everything is near this location.

I do the severe oil change schedule anyway, so the cold starts/lack of time to warm up shouldn't be a problem. I've already put 23,000 miles on it in the span of a year(Thanks to work and trips to Dallas from San Antonio and back.) so hopefully my mileage will even out over the next year.

A hybrid seems really enticing right now. A plug in would definitely be a win, but I live in an apartment. Only annoying thing is the lack of a heated steering wheel and/or ventilated seats in most hybrids/plug-ins.(Looking at you, Honda Clarity) Yes, the ventilated seats make all the difference in the humid Texas sun. The heated steering wheel is a blessing from heaven on freezing Texas mornings during the height of winter.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I probably would've gone with a 2018 Accord Touring or the new 2019 Avalon XLE if my 6 wasn't around at purchase a year ago.

I recently moved much closer to work; 8 minute commute. If it wasn't for outings with friends, I could easily go weeks without getting on a freeway now because everything is near this location.

I do the severe oil change schedule anyway, so the cold starts/lack of time to warm up shouldn't be a problem. I've already put 23,000 miles on it in the span of a year(Thanks to work and trips to Dallas from San Antonio and back.) so hopefully my mileage will even out over the next year.

A hybrid seems really enticing right now. A plug in would definitely be a win, but I live in an apartment. Only annoying thing is the lack of a heated steering wheel and/or ventilated seats in most hybrids/plug-ins.(Looking at you, Honda Clarity) Yes, the ventilated seats make all the difference in the humid Texas sun. The heated steering wheel is a blessing from heaven on freezing Texas mornings during the height of winter.

Yeah I understand the apartment dilemma, if I had an electric vehicle I'd have nowhere to charge it currently. I would love a hybrid too since I have a short commute as well.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts